• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

The Boys - new superhero show from Amazon

Rachel Cartacos

Social Justice Dragon
Validated User
Can you carry around a soap bu

More like soap bubbles
Not really, a soap bubble is hard to carry because it's fragile, but your own strength is irrelevant to this, I've seen those things pop because they brushed gently against a wall. If you were a thousand times weaker, you would be able to carry that soap bubble no easier.

Strange Visitor

Grumpy Grognard
Validated User
Not really, a soap bubble is hard to carry because it's fragile, but your own strength is irrelevant to this, I've seen those things pop because they brushed gently against a wall. If you were a thousand times weaker, you would be able to carry that soap bubble no easier.
Yeah, that's an issue of the soap bubble's relationship to the world, not to you.

petros

Validated User
If anything, Homelander / Superman could carry the bubble better than we could. He's got super-human delicacy I'd bet.

dmjalund

Polychromatic Pikathulhu
Validated User
Superman maybe (he does have contact TK) Homelander I doubt it (definitely doesn't have contact TK)

wheloc

He's trying real hard to be one of the good guys.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I wouldn't even say it's a parody so much as the heroes are what would happen if you gave superpowers to bunch of assholes versus Clark Kent and Peter Parker. The Seven are supervillains, they're just supervillains who know they'd make way more money as coddled celebrities than they could robbing banks. And even if they were decent people, the equivalent of LexCorp eroded what was good about them with the complete lack of responsibility thanks to the VA legal team.

The problem is the actual hero-heroes of the show are the Kiwi Punisher and his team of 90s antiheroes, of which Hughie is their PTSD-suffering kidnapee.
The Boys are the protagonists of the show, but I'm not sure I'd rate them as actual heroes either. We also haven't seen them save people. Butcher wants you to believe that fightin' supe's is worth a little baby-killing, but I don't think the show expects us to agree.

Paradim

Validated User
The Boys are the protagonists of the show, but I'm not sure I'd rate them as actual heroes either. We also haven't seen them save people. Butcher wants you to believe that fightin' supe's is worth a little baby-killing, but I don't think the show expects us to agree.
I think Butcher probably saved Hughie's life when Translucent attacked him. I don't really think that makes Butcher a "hero", though.

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
What webcomic is this?
There’s a pretty limited number of werewolf webcomics, so I’m guessing it was either How to be a Werewolf, Paradigm Shift, or Peter is the Wolf.

Paradim

Validated User
There’s a pretty limited number of werewolf webcomics, so I’m guessing it was either How to be a Werewolf, Paradigm Shift, or Peter is the Wolf.
Thanks! I hadn't heard of Paradigm Shift. I'll check that out, too.

Top Bottom