The Discussion Thread of Manga and other Written Japanese Things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

Feeling kinda smurfy
Validated User
So here it is, a spinoff of the general anime thread, where we talk about the Japanese print media (manga and light novels mostly I guess) we read as well as related news.

Hopefully there's mores folks than just the anime thread regulars who also read manga. Maybe there's some manga only people to join in.

I guess this will be filled with spoilers, but I'd hope folks use spoiler blocks where appropriate.

Hopefully this can sustain itself rather than having to return back into the anime thread and get lost.

Quasar

Feeling kinda smurfy
Validated User
Fuuka 44 - Well this is all a bit awkward, watching the grieving Yuu trying to force everyone else who have move on with their lives to restart the band just to make him feel better.

I'll admit since the incident my enthusiasm has been a bit less for this comic.

Bull

Professional Game Convention Drunk
Validated User
You're just talking to yourself at this point, Quasar :)

Subbed. We'll see how this goes. :)

I'll contribute once I've read more Heavy Object.

Pip

Citizen of Ireland
Validated User
Rambling about Campione!: So, I'm now wondering if the use of 強い here in this passage is intended as a double-entendre. The book's just spent half a page talking in loving detail about the various attractions of a particular young-lady's body, and then says that the main character needs to "strongly" martial his willpower to resist her allure -- except that with a different reading the same word could be read as "stiffly", but I don't know if this is an intentional slightly dirty joke or just a coincidence ;)

EDIT: (Note for those who don't know the series: it's not very sexually explicit (though it has its moments), but it sure as hell likes to give you no doubt that it's being told from the perspective of a teenaged boy in terms of what he notices, and has one character who really likes to rack up the sexual innuendo when she's talking to the main character. She's pretty much his girlfriend ... sort of ...)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom