OOC The Fall of DELTA GREEN: Is Paris Burning?

Motorskills

RPGnet Member
Validated User
So suggest we camp out at The Beat,again.

I think we still have some Pool points left over for something, and CYRILLE's Reassurance investment is presumably still running. We could get Burroughs and/or Sommerville to help set up a meet with Theu somewhere that's suitable for a drive-by shooting from the Unione Corse, with CLAUDE as back-up with a M20 Bazooka with a couple of HEAT rounds.

I figure there are several ways we could arrange that. So we send a (fake? real?) message from Burroughs/Sommerville that some "scum gangsters" have threatened him, and he has had to flee The Beat in a hurry. He (they) will be moving to (London?) for a couple of months, but needs a big supply of dope to take with him to tide him over and win him some friends among the Londoners. He'll meet Theu at Place X, quiet but plausible, away from the Corse turf.

An ambush is set at Place X. With any luck (our specialty!) the Unione Corse will take care of things without needing our involvement.

Something along those lines?

Glad that tutu is back...just in time for me to have no time! (this week)

pstjmack

Validated User
So suggest we camp out at The Beat,again.

I think we still have some Pool points left over for something, and CYRILLE's Reassurance investment is presumably still running. We could get Burroughs and/or Sommerville to help set up a meet with Theu somewhere that's suitable for a drive-by shooting from the Unione Corse, with CLAUDE as back-up with a M20 Bazooka with a couple of HEAT rounds.

I figure there are several ways we could arrange that. So we send a (fake? real?) message from Burroughs/Sommerville that some "scum gangsters" have threatened him, and he has had to flee The Beat in a hurry. He (they) will be moving to (London?) for a couple of months, but needs a big supply of dope to take with him to tide him over and win him some friends among the Londoners. He'll meet Theu at Place X, quiet but plausible, away from the Corse turf.

An ambush is set at Place X. With any luck (our specialty!) the Unione Corse will take care of things without needing our involvement.

Something along those lines?

Glad that tutu is back...just in time for me to have no time! (this week)
Remember that some IA use, or even point spend, could get you an edge in the plan. Streetwise might yield some leads on Theu's location, as might Criminology. Military Science might help set you up for the inevitable ambush.

pstjmack

Validated User
Ok let me spend Agency. I hope the 11 choc is still available
Yes, you've got reasonable and proportionate backup. No artillery, but any amount of explosives including mines, and heavy infantry weapons up to MMGs and bazookas. Let's say up to half a dozen vets, 2 per point of Agency, including trained snipers. Requisitioning heavy weapons takes a Bureaucracy roll at Difficulty 5 per item, or an Agency spend of 1 point per item. Remember CYRILLE also has his contacts and sources.

And I love the idea of the M20 with HEAT rounds, although an M1A1 would probably get the job done. Panzerfausts had pretty high lethality too, and there were likely a lot of those lying around surplus after 1945.

Last edited:

Motorskills

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Yes, you've got reasonable and proportionate backup. No artillery, but any amount of explosives including mines, and heavy infantry weapons up to MMGs and bazookas. Let's say up to half a dozen vets, 2 per point of Agency, including trained snipers. Requisitioning heavy weapons takes a Bureaucracy roll at Difficulty 5 per item, or an Agency spend of 1 point per item. Remember CYRILLE also has his contacts and sources.

And I love the idea of the M20 with HEAT rounds, although an M1A1 would probably get the job done. Panzerfausts had pretty high lethality too, and there were likely a lot of those lying around surplus after 1945.
Panzerfaust is much less traceable, probably go with that. Plus CLAUDE is likely already qualified lol!

Regular Guy

"Lemme make a call."
Validated User
Looking at everything and catching up, the military/ weapons aspect of the planning is not my character's forte. I don't have a whole lot to offer for the "final" battle.

Top Bottom