• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC The Fall of DELTA GREEN: Is Paris Burning?

pstjmack

Validated User
Fretful sleep is better than no sleep at all. The American slowly regains consciousness and rubs his neck roughly.

"What time is it?" he asks aloud.
The Doctor, as attentive as ever, is already awake, and at your elbow with a bowl of steaming coffee, even though there is hardly the slightest trace of dawn light peeping through the shutters.

Motorskills

RPGnet Member
Validated User
CYRILLE rises slowly, feeling the years in his bones, and the brandy behind his eyes. The alcohol may have blotted out the terrors, but he is paying for it now. A Gitanes and a coffee take the edge off gradually.

"Okay, Mr Green is probably clean. Well "Delta Green clean" at least. Theu was already expecting trouble from a different quarter...and we stumbled into it.

Question is what's next.

It would be good to present Mr Green with some options - violence from DG, violence from us, try to coordinate a response from the Underworld, watch and wait, poke around some more, or something else. Plus we still have the lunatics at The Beat to deal with.

I'm concerned our cover is already blown, but it wouldn't be the first time we have to break those rules and go ahead anyway."

Regular Guy

"Lemme make a call."
Validated User
"How much earlier should we be at the meet with Mr. Green? I'm assuming we do not travel together."

pstjmack

Validated User
While you talk, the Doctor fusses around you, furnishing morning coffee and brioches.

Motorskills

RPGnet Member
Validated User
CYRILLE has Joe Le Tac collect CLAUDE early, to set up overwatch and counter-surveillance at the east end of the Île, a nice little rookery overlooking the meet and quays below.

"We're probably safe from the front....but only probably. If you see me circle my right fist, drop Mr Green. If you see me circle my left fist, drop whomever he has with him. Otherwise keep an eye out for Asians, unnatural killing machines, and anything else. If we see you flash the red cloth, we'll know something bad is inbound.

I've had the doctor make us up each a syringe of anti-venom. Probably won't get a chance to use it on ourselves though."

An hour later, CYRILLE and CALEB leave the doctor's apartment on foot, split up and rendezvous in an alley a few streets away, where Joe collects his second fare of the day. They get to the meet a few minutes early. Huddling against the cold, CYRILLE breaks out a "Maquis breakfast" for the pair of them - coffee, chocolate, and cigarettes.

pstjmack

Validated User
After a few minutes of cold vigil in the freezing fog of a wintry Parisian dawn, the same grim, chilling figure appears out of the mist, smoking a cigarette.

1552485174684.png

"You're a man down," he growls. "I wasn't aware of any casualties?"

Regular Guy

"Lemme make a call."
Validated User
CALEB flashes a half-hearted smile blackened with chocolate. "We aren't."

He swirls his tongue around his teeth. "What else do we know about the Asian? Seems he's backed by some pretty powerful...allies..."

Motorskills

RPGnet Member
Validated User
CYRILLE avec Monsieur Vert.

"Well that's technically true - we aren't.

CLAUDE brought in additional muscle, with our blessing. That guy was on overwatch for us, got attacked by the gang supplying the Americans with the drugs. CLAUDE was taking care of him, we'll regroup later. We've got all the briefing info you need, don't sweat it.

OOC: CYRILLE has said nothing untruthful.

We haven't ruled out Burrough's mindfuck machine playing a role in things, but the prime villain right now is this Asiatic drug-dealing goon called Theu and his UnNatural friend...or friends.

We think they mistook CLAUDE's pal for one of the local mob and tried to take him out, using a real nasty toxin. It was close, no messing about with those guys.

We teamed up - so to speak - with the Union. They wanted to show off.....and got shredded by Theu's demon buddy. No idea, but it was pretty bad. Look in your files for Tcho-Tcho, you must have something on them.

The three of us would rather continue poking around a bit more first, but of course everyone is amped up so that won't be easy. We could play up our relations with the Union, maybe lay some firepower down on Theu, and make use of the distraction, but that could easily cause us a whole set of new and different problems, not to mention the risk of us getting caught in the crossfire. Suggestions are welcomed.

Alternatively, we can simply help point a squad of Mr Eisenhower's finest in the right direction, and you can do it the old-fashioned way."

pstjmack

Validated User
"Tcho-Tcho, eh?" Mr. Green raises an eyebrow and directs a glance of withering scorn at you both. "You have been learning fast."

"Now let me simplify things for you. I instructed you to get a sample of this substance that the new suppliers are feeding to Burroughs. Did you do so?"

Motorskills

RPGnet Member
Validated User
CYRILLE looks bemused / offended, reaches into his pocket and hands over the carefully-wrapped sample.

"Bien sur.

But if you knew of the level of danger there, and sent us in blind.....well let's just say there would be a whole regiment of angry ex-paratroopers wanting to give you a taste of a different medicine. Luckily, we believe we saved the poor chap just in time.....you should both be fine.

Of course, we don't know whether the drug needs to be used in concert with Burroughs' device, or some other scenario."

Top Bottom