IC The Fall of DELTA GREEN: Is Paris Burning?

pstjmack

Validated User
Mr. Green has disappeared from the quayside as enigmatically as he arrived. Above the clearing early mists, there is a glint from CLAUDE's sniper nest as the morning sun catches his scope. Then, at the same time, similar glints from windows elsewhere along the quays. Did Mr. Green have the whole meet covered too?

Motorskills

RPGnet Member
Validated User
CYRILLE shrugs, at least Green isn't being casual about things. Then again, judging by the state of his shoes, he probably paid a couple of street kids with flashlights to stand in the windows.

They get back to the cab, CYRILLE gives Joe some francs to buy a long, slow coffee for himself at the cafe on the corner.

CYRILLE spreads the map out in the back seat so the others can see.

"If we can trick Theu to coming here, he can be hit from three sides. We let the Unione do the heavy lifting. CALEB, you won't struggle to get them on board, but keeping them from going off half-cocked, or giving the game away, that will be the real trick. Think you can handle them?

Make sure they know CLAUDE gives the orders on the day.

CLAUDE, you coordinate the takedown, and be the back-up if and when the Unione fuck up again.

Me, I'm going to borrow a little toy to tilt the odds in our - that is, CLAUDE's - favour. I'll also play nanny, keep everybody clean as long as possible, and then clean up the shit afterwards.

Agreed?"

OOC: Heavy Weapons 2, Demolitions 3, Conceal 4, Firearms 5
Military Science 1
Traffic Analysis 1, SIGINT 1
Agency 2, Tradecraft 2, Streetwise 2, Inspiration 2

Last edited:

Regular Guy

"Lemme make a call."
Validated User
"If we can trick Theu to coming here, he can be hit from three sides. We let the Unione do the heavy lifting. CALEB, you won't struggle to get them on board, but keeping them from going off half-cocked, or giving the game away, that will be the real trick. Think you can handle them?"
CALEB cranes his neck. "Of course. A fine Brandy, a little tête-à-tête, what could go wrong? I have a feeling Corbone will be wanting a bit of retribution after watching that fiasco in the street."

Regular Guy

"Lemme make a call."
Validated User
"So I'm going to take a little stroll down Carbone's alley. Okay? I wanna see what if anything is left from the attack on Theu's men. If we know what we're up against, then we may be able to defeat it." CALEB pauses. "Once I figure that out, I'll make a call. I should be able to get my hands on some toys also," he winks at CYRILLE, "that may help out."

"We need to get ahold of Theu. I can touch base with Burroughs again and send word that we're looking for some goodies for some friends coming into town. Theu's got what we're looking for. Maybe his lackey will even come with us. Hopefully."

CALEB paces in a tight circle. "Do you guys remember the name of Carbone's waitress-slash-bartender? Let's get a hold of her to find out where Carbone and his crew is. He's gonna want some retaliation. I think we're gonna need the numbers as well as firepower on this one..."

Motorskills

RPGnet Member
Validated User
CYRILLE

"I'll look at the map, figure out where to bang them.

CLAUDE, tell me what hardware you need, I'll arrange it.

CALEB, speak to the barmaid, let's get this rolling. "

Regular Guy

"Lemme make a call."
Validated User
CALEB snaps his fingers and points at CYRILLE in the same motion.

Stepping out the door, he clutches his coat tighter around his neck and stuffs his hands in his pockets. He heads in the direction of Carbone's men's last stand and the cafe. Even though bundled a slight chill runs down his back.

tutunaku

Be Seeing You
Validated User
"We will need something to keep their heads down. Maybe some Thompson's with a drum magazine?"

pstjmack

Validated User
The morning mists have dissipated. Carbone's favourite cafe is just pulling up its shutters and opening the front door. The proprietress, a knotted handkerchief covering her hair and a stained squashed roll-up in her mouth, looks up from mopping the doorstep to measure CALEB with a cynical glance, as though any trace of last night's horror had gone with the mists. And the pavement opposite where the fatal clash happened looks remarkably clean.

Regular Guy

"Lemme make a call."
Validated User
CALEB strolls past the site where less than twenty four hours ago Carbon'es men had been effectively picked clean. He stands at the end of the alley and waits a moment longer before walking across the street to Carbone's cafe.

He knocks on the door frame lightly, "Bonjour madame. Pouvez-vous informer Mister Carbone, s'il vous plaît?" The American steps through the threshold and makes his way to the counter. "Oh, et avez-vous un téléphone que je pourrais emprunter s'il vous plait?" CALEB winks and smiles that million dollar grin.

pstjmack

Validated User
CALEB strolls past the site where less than twenty four hours ago Carbon'es men had been effectively picked clean. He stands at the end of the alley and waits a moment longer before walking across the street to Carbone's cafe.

He knocks on the door frame lightly, "Bonjour madame. Pouvez-vous informer Mister Carbone, s'il vous plaît?" The American steps through the threshold and makes his way to the counter. "Oh, et avez-vous un téléphone que je pourrais emprunter s'il vous plait?" CALEB winks and smiles that million dollar grin.
The proprietress looks up at CALEB with that same dry, sardonic je-m'en-fiche gaze she's probably used on apaches, Action française thugs and Gestapo officers over the decades, and replies flatly: "Oui, monsieur, un moment."

She leans her mop against the door jamb, wipes her hands with her apron, shuffles over to the bar, picks up the telephone behind the zinc counter, and dials, cigarette still dangling from her lips. "Patron, ce con américain est ici. Que voulez-vous que je fasse avec lui?"

She listens, nods, puts the receiver down, and shuffles back over to CALEB. "Attends un peu, le patron arrive," she announces, indicating a stool at the bar by the phone.

Top Bottom