• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

OOC The Fantastical Company and Europa Unchained

Timon

Unabashed optimist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Gentlepersons we have a decision to make. I a feeling that a lot of momentum has gone out of the game. I would say that a lot of that is my fault: I have been working very hard lately (lots of marking and a bunch of new classes) and running two games while playing another. I still feel that we have things to explore in the Girl Genius universe but I must admit to being a little downcast.

How are you feeling about the game?

Should we call it a day or should we get our creative thinking caps on an get the action moving again?

Muskrat

Ancient Wyrm Kittensnake
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'd love to keep playing. However, I don't want to play in a game if it feels like a chore for the GM--you're supposed to be having fun too. That said, if you're up for getting back up on its feet and running again, I'm happy to brainstorm and keep playing.

t@nya

Asgardian rainbow dragon
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'd love to keep playing. However, I don't want to play in a game if it feels like a chore for the GM--you're supposed to be having fun too. That said, if you're up for getting back up on its feet and running again, I'm happy to brainstorm and keep playing.
Me too

Timon

Unabashed optimist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I love this setting and you are great players to have. It is not a chore to run the game, I was just getting a little worried that I was missing signals. I think it is time got the gang together and it might be fun to get another player on board. Does anyone feel up to reviviing (and monitoring) the recruitment thread?
K KreenWarrior are you still with us?

Just to set the scene - I shall concoct a suitable fate for Jacques and Willi and bring Scudamore, Anjeza and Caspar together. I think it may be time for a <80's power chords> montage...</80's power chords>

Timon

Unabashed optimist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC:

Timon, are we going to recruit a new player before we continue on?

I think it would be nice to add someone but I also want to maintain momentum: it is deadly for a PbP game if nobody is posting. I shall bump the recruitment thread and it would be nice if some of you could keep an eye on it and assist anyone we manage to tempt into this humming hive of steam and brass.

t@nya

Asgardian rainbow dragon
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I think it would be nice to add someone but I also want to maintain momentum: it is deadly for a PbP game if nobody is posting. I shall bump the recruitment thread and it would be nice if some of you could keep an eye on it and assist anyone we manage to tempt into this humming hive of steam and brass.
Give me the link and I’ll put the thread on my watch list.

Muskrat

Ancient Wyrm Kittensnake
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I don't understand the game design thinking behind making the target number for each round of the brainstorming the winning number for the last round. It seems like it makes it harder and harder for people to contribute to the brainstorm, especially anyone unfortunate enough to have only lower ranked skills that might be relevant. Am I missing something?

Timon

Unabashed optimist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I think it is intended to represent that each new breakthrough takes more effort. You do get a free FP for participating and you can also use invokes of aspects you created. Anyone that managed to beat the initial difficulty successfully created an aspect. The highest roll defines that that particular aspect is a fact. The other aspects are still usable though, from the SRD:

If a new situation aspect was created during the first roll, it can be invoked as usual. If it has one or two free invocations, whoever created it gets first dibs, or they can hand it off to someone else.

The only restriction on using this new aspect is that if it’s invoked by the winner of the second roll, the new fact and aspect they create must take the invoked aspect into account. It can’t contradict or wildly diverge from what the invoked aspect has established as a truth in the fiction.

For example, if you invoke Distinctive Energy Signature and win the roll, you can’t then put the aspect Strange Lack of Energy Signatures on the brainstorm.

Last edited:
Top Bottom