The Fantasy Trip - TFT - Melee / Wizard

Jayster

Retired User
Anybody out there still playing this Vintage Interplay / Steve Jackson game? Or has it died a death like one of the hapless victims in the Death Test dungeons?

COLWebbSFMC

Lyran Commonwealth Loyal
Validated User
Interplay? The video game company?

Melee and Wizard the microgames were produced by Metagaming.

If there's an Interplay version on the computer, I'd be all over that...

mac40k

Validated User
Since this is the first RPG I ever played, I still have my copies of the tuck boxes, the magazine format Advanced books, and the dot-matrix printed Codex. I doubt I would ever part with them, but I haven't thought about actually trying to run this in years and doubt I ever would. I've moved on and TFT doesn't suit my current style.

Jayster

Retired User
Yes - I feel a bit daft now. I knew it was Metagaming and that Interplay was the associated magazine - But still managed to type it incorrectly!

I haven't played any RPGs for about 25+ years. I never got into D&D even though it was around at the time - so having been out of the loop for so long I'm keen to re-learn and teach my young sons the game that I knew and loved as a kid.

Warhammer and similar just don't float my boat.

TheShadow

found the shaved monkeys
Validated User
See if this floats your boat:

http://www.darkcitygames.com/

A whole bunch of new TFT-compatible microgames, with some samples you can download for free. They have nice art and components and I think they're pretty ideal for introducing kids to gaming.

Lars Dangly

Validated User
I play plenty of TFT still. Mostly using a copy I got transferred into text files and then pumped up with spells, talents, monsters, jobs, etc.

darjr

Validated User
Played in a game at Nuke-con. A couple people there had the 'magazine' style books. I had a great time and ended up getting my characters noggin clean knocked off by an Ogre while trying to help halflings push a ship across the jungle.

Top Bottom