• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[The Flash 2x06] Enter Zoom

Theron

The Best Legionnaire
Validated User
I'm beginning to think Zoom is E2 Henry Allen. He's bigger than Barry, more heavily built. It could be a fake-out, of course, but...

JESSIE QUICK! JESSIE QUICK! JESSIE QUICK!!!!!!1!!! :eek:

Erm, sorry, I fanboyed.

Tokezo Tenken

I R Serious Monkey
Validated User
I'm beginning to think Zoom is E2 Henry Allen. He's bigger than Barry, more heavily built. It could be a fake-out, of course, but...

JESSIE QUICK! JESSIE QUICK! JESSIE QUICK!!!!!!1!!! :eek:

Erm, sorry, I fanboyed.
You have no idea how hard it was for me when I saw the credits a couple episodes ago not to completely squee out in the thread.

JdRavnos

Geek Visionary.
Validated User
This episode was mostly so silly and lighthearted that when Zoom finally showed up and delivered his beatdown it nearly gave me whiplash. But I mean that in the best possible way. Even though in the back of my mind I knew Zoom would show up (thanks to the title) and logically he was going to wipe the floor with Barry to prove his big bad status, the first three-quarters of the episode was so fun that I kind of forgot about all that. Great episode.

Matchstick

Validated User
This episode went pretty much as I was expecting, in that the last 10 minutes would be Zoom pretty much terrifying everyone and outclassing Barry. But, man, it was all in the execution, which was terrific.

Tom Cavanagh is so good. I hope he sticks around forever.

Matchstick

Validated User
That was me as well. I have no clue who Zoom will really turn out to be.
I do wonder if it's something the writers knew at the start of the season, or if it's one of those things that they will try to decide who works best when they get there. There's so many candidates when you're talking about an Earth 2 with alternates of every character.

(Obviously, it's Earth 2 Oliver, and the news report was supposed to be the big clue. :D)

Last edited:

awesomeocalypse

Validated User
Damn. That was such a great fucking episode. Maybe even better than the introduction of Reverse Flash last season. There was a wonderful tension to the entire failed trap, and I was expecting something to go bad the entire time...and then it still surprised me when it came. That was brutal. Zoom basically fights like comic geeks on forums always say speedsters should fight.

Wonder how long Barry in a wheelchair will last. Will his super healing just make him heal, albeit over a decent amount of time? Or will it take some special tech or something?

I'm honestly surprised Linda survived. As soon as Barry told her his identity, I figured she was going to end up dead. I''m happy she lived though, and I hope we'll see her put on the suit again at some point.

Last edited:

Justice and Rule

I'm the crazy one.
Validated User
... Well then. That... that was a helluva final 15.

You know, if you asked me 10 years ago, 5 years ago, hell, even a year and a half ago, that the CW would have the most terrifying comic book villains in the live-action medium, I would have laughed at you. The way this show keeps upping the ante and setting the bar higher is unreal.

Lord Shark

Varoonik!
Validated User
I started thinking when Zoom turned the lightning bolt trick back on Barry: could Zoom be Jay? I mean, Zoom finally shows up on Earth-1 after Jay has left the STAR Labs team to go do his own stuff. It would explain why Jay was never able to beat Zoom on Earth-2, too.

Oh, and hey,
Spoiler: Show
Grodd is back next week, looks like!

Last edited:

Falke

From the Deep!
Validated User
(Obviously, it's Earth 2 Oliver, and the news report was supposed to be the big clue. :D)
That's an interesting theory. It also fits the general build of Zoom. I will stake this out as my favorite theory until another looks shinier. :)

Top Bottom