• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

The future of GURPS

Arethusa

Sophipygian
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Yeah, their stance on Frog God Games and Bill Webb was disappointing.

At the moment I can’t enjoy playing any of our Steve Jackson games. We’re certainly not buying any more. And like Silvercat Moonpaw, I find it difficult to even talk about the decades I’ve spent playing and enjoying GURPs.

Cevalic

Validated User

If every GURPS thread has to have people trying to bring up Bill Webb, then every GURPS thread should have a joint statement by him and the accuser saying people blew it out of proportion. Maybe we could just move on, or at least let some GURPS threads through without the same attempted derailment everytime.

As far as the future of GURPS, I hope that one day we see a Malazan book come out.

Ulzgoroth

Mad Scientist
Validated User

If every GURPS thread has to have people trying to bring up Bill Webb, then every GURPS thread should have a joint statement by him and the accuser saying people blew it out of proportion. Maybe we could just move on, or at least let some GURPS threads through without the same attempted derailment everytime.
Which is not a very satisfactory resolution, I think.

However, it seems to largely close off any possibility of a different one.

flashman

Validated User
I would be willing to throw a crazy amount of money at a book detailing the world and races from the Malazan books.
Absolutely I would as well. If nothing else, I'd love to see some illustrations of the different races and characters in the books. I sometimes felt handicapped by my poor imagination in trying to picture different creatures and it felt more critically important in these novels for some reason than in other fantasy worlds.

eskatonic

Still the Prettiest.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I had no idea Malazan was A Thing. I've added the books to my reading queue!

ResplendentScorpion

neither glitter, nor substance
Validated User
Absolutely I would as well. If nothing else, I'd love to see some illustrations of the different races and characters in the books. I sometimes felt handicapped by my poor imagination in trying to picture different creatures and it felt more critically important in these novels for some reason than in other fantasy worlds.
I mean, you have darkness elves, light elves, shadow elves, white walkers, zerg-dinosaurs, undead neandarthals, magic ice orcs, big-barbarian-people...

flashman

Validated User
I mean, you have darkness elves, light elves, shadow elves, white walkers, zerg-dinosaurs, undead neandarthals, magic ice orcs, big-barbarian-people...

Awesome, thank you! I just bought the 4 book bundle for my Nook to start over from scratch, so this will be useful.

Top Bottom