• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

The MCU Playlist

Gareth3

Validated User
I'm thinking of doing an MCU movie rewatch once the Captain Marvel DVD comes out, and I wanted to include a music clip with each review. This is mostly swiping from the X-Men review on this forum, but I'd like to include a prominent song from each movie's soundtrack. If that's not possible, I'll just use something thematically appropriate. The MCU movies are interesting for assembling a playlist, because sometimes the song is completely obvious, perhaps too on the nose, and sometimes it's a real struggle to find anything. Here's what I have so far, what else do you suggest?

Captain America: The First Avenger - The propaganda song is too on the nose, there's a couple of Sousa marches, haven't decided this yet.
Iron Man - Back in Black, AC/DC
Iron Man 2 - Shoot to Thrill, AC/DC
The Incredible Hulk - Banto, KOAMA. The music in the Brazillian scene.
Thor- Very difficult to find anything. I could class it up with something from Wagner, where Thor is also a character. Or just make a joke and use this:
The Avengers - No idea.
Iron Man 3 - Blue, Eiffel 65.
Thor 2 - Even worse than Thor, I don't even think Dark Elves have been in any operas.
Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Trouble Man, Marvin Gaye.
Avengers: Age of Ultron - I Got No Strings from Disney's Pinocchio.
Doctor Strange - Shining Star, Earth, Wind and Fire. Strange's music for surgery.
Guardians of the Galaxy - Come and Get Your Love, Redbone.
Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2 - Mr Blue Sky, Electric Light Orchestra. Opposite problem here, too many good options.
Ant-Man - I got nothing. La Cucaracha?
Captain America: Civil War - Try to Remember, from The Fantasticks. Tony's mother's song in the flashback hologram.
Thor: Ragnarok - Immigrant Song, Led Zeppelin.
Ant-Man and the Wasp - Is the Baba Yaga song real? Help me out here.
Avengers: Infinity War - Rubberband Man, The Spinners
Avengers: Endgame - [SPOILER REDACTED]

JoshR

Validated User
Avengers- We’re in This Together, Nine Inch Nails
Ant-Man- Antmusic, Adam and the Ants
Ant-Man and the Wasp- It Takes Two, Rob Base and DJ EZ Rock

csyphrett

Validated User
I don't know if the Baba Yaga song is real but it's also in the first John Wick movie when he's killing the guys breaking into his house.
CES

TrojanRat

Agent of S.N.A.R.K.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
If it were me, it would probably be score heavy...
Captain America First Avenger - Howling Commando’s Montage from the film’s score. The title kinda tells you what’s happening during the music.
The Incredible Hulk - Bruce Goes Home from the film’s score. Includes bits of the Lonely Man theme from the tv show.
Thor - Walk by Foo Fighters is in the film as background music while Thor and Selvig go to he bar.
Avengers - If any of these is going to get the on the nose one, it should be here with The Avengers theme. Not quite so on the nose may be Assemble from the score (which ends with a bit of the theme because it’s the music piece leading up to the circle shot of the team assembled in the Battle of New York)
Dark World - Thor, Son of Odin again from the score
Ant-Man - I’m Ready by The Commodores. Used in the film as the background music for Scott and his gang preping to rob Hank’s safe.
Civil War - Left Hand Free by Alt-J. Background music to Peter Parker returning home to meet Tony Stark
Ant-man and The Wasp - If you don’t go with It Takes Two, Escape by Roy Ayers is used for background music while Luis is on the “truth serum’.
Spider-Man Homecoming - two options here. Blitzkrieg Bop by the Ramones plays over Spidey patrolling his neighborhood at the beginning. Save it for Later by The English Beat plays as Peter preps for the dance and kinda hits the John Hughes influences on the film.
Black Panther - All the Stars by Kendrick Lamar

Gareth3

Validated User
If it were me, it would probably be score heavy...

Yeah, I was neglecting scores because I find them hard to remember, but they're an option if there's nothing more distinctive.
Ant-Man - I’m Ready by The Commodores. Used in the film as the background music for Scott and his gang preping to rob Hank’s safe.
Ant-man and The Wasp - If you don’t go with It Takes Two, Escape by Roy Ayers is used for background music while Luis is on the “truth serum’.
Both solid options.
Civil War - Left Hand Free by Alt-J. Background music to Peter Parker returning home to meet Tony Stark

Clearly the best song in the movie, but I thought it might be too specific to Peter. Although there really isn't any music about the whole conflict other than the score.
Spider-Man Homecoming - two options here. Blitzkrieg Bop by the Ramones plays over Spidey patrolling his neighborhood at the beginning. Save it for Later by The English Beat plays as Peter preps for the dance and kinda hits the John Hughes influences on the film.
Black Panther - All the Stars by Kendrick Lamar
Thanks, I left those out. Blitzkrieg Bop is fine. I'll have to rewatch Black Panther, I don't remember the context for All the Stars.

Top Bottom