IC The Mysterium

Talisman

The Man of Talis
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Worthy enough, I suppose," Tiberius agrees lazily. "One must look to one's responsibilities, after all."

He favors the Townhead with a confident smile. "My good man, you've nothing to fear. This Arlokk may be quite skilled at his thuggery, but I assume you were are prepared to deal with him by any means necessary. Trade is the lifeblood of the realm, as Albanus insists on reminding me, and are here to ensure that this town of yours remains healthy."

He adopts a sincere look. "Now, before we go, is there anything else you can tell us? Any small hint or rumor that might grant us the least edge?"

OOC: Persuasion to convince the Townhead to divulge some hint of whatever he's hiding? IDK if that's possible.
Persuasion 1d20+6 = 18
 

Stormraven

Mystical Atheist
Validated User
Pádraigín shrugs.
"Pirates can surprise you with their origins. But we can certainly see about this one."
 

wormmonda

#TwitterIsTransphobic
Banned
Validated User
"We'll hold him responsible for his crimes." Lisa said solemnly. "He'll pay for his atrocities...one way or another."
 

JoanieSappho

Not drunk enough for this
Validated User
Mina listens quietly, considering their options but, at least for the moment, not being all that willing to go over them in front of the Townhead.
She does nod in agreement with Lisa, before asking one of the questions that came to her mind.
"What should we do with those working with him, if we get the chance to choose their fate? If they are kept in line through fear more than malice, does this town have the sort of place to hold them, or are you comfortable with allowing them to go free once their ... leader is removed?"
 

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Jachi listened and waited. She didn't really trust her own judgment in these long debates, but was more comfortable making snap decisions when she met people. It had worked out fairly well for her so far.
 

GrendelForx

Registered User
Validated User
The Townhead looks at Mina and his sunken, tired eyes soften just a little, "If they will come back to the town then by all means we can use more folks to do honest jobs in and around the village. We don't have much in the way of cells but we can cobble something together if needs be. Hopefully, if Arlokk is removed from the picture the rest will surrender quietly, maybe even a show of real challenge and threat to their members will have them surrender."
With Tiberius' persuasive push on the subject, the Townhead looked a bit distant, "Can't say much more, the monstrous leader is a bugbear, a savage brute that needs to be put down on general decency as well as the safety of the roads and the village. The few warrior types who have tried to make an attack on Arlokk tend to end up found dead on the road, possibly by some foul traps that are set in the thieves' den as well as the scoundrels weapons. And whatever vicious beasts that the foul bugbear keeps as pets. Nothing really to tell besides that..."
Tiberius notices that the large, well dressed man has started to drum on his desk with his fingers, perhaps a little nervously...
 

wormmonda

#TwitterIsTransphobic
Banned
Validated User
"This thug does sound like a great evil." Lisa said, nodding, before she suddenly leaned forward and fixed the townhead with a death glare. "And anyone who assists such evil, even just inadvertently or involuntarily, such as by withholding or falsifying information about him, would also be culprit of his evil ways; and I do not take kindly to evil in any of its forms."

OOC: Okay, we tried Persuasion, now let's try Intimidation: 1d20+5: 17.
 

GrendelForx

Registered User
Validated User
The townhead leans back in his chair, obviously nonplussed and sweating, his eyes round "I'm calling for these thieves to be brought to justice! Obviously we...that is I wouldn't consort with them! Just get rid of them so our town can be about its n...its daily routine!" despite the bluster and attempt at being the stern town official, the man is trembling, his lower lip most of all, the sweat pours freely from his head and chest...
 

JoanieSappho

Not drunk enough for this
Validated User
"Oh, we understand," Mina smiles reassuringly. "My friend here just gets a little bit intense at times, I'm sorry. But, there isn't anything you've neglected to say, correct?" Smiling winsomely, Mina pushes in verbally, hoping to push the townhead off of the edge that the others have clearly pushed him to.

OOC: My turn at Persuasion. 1d20+5 = 15
 

GrendelForx

Registered User
Validated User
A resolved shadow spreads across the large man's face, though he is still trembling.
He looks as his hands as if expecting to see something on them other than the liver spots from age and whatever excesses he has partaken in. Then he looks up and now you can clearly see his eyes are red, tired and, perhaps, crying?
"Arlokk is the job I am hiring out for. I appreciate your wish to help in any way you can but one problem at a time. If you can remove these road fiends from our lands it will go a long way to help Tempest Bluff. After that...we can discuss other...matters."
He is still shaking and sweating but his fear, you can see in his eyes, is more of something else than your collected troop. Whatever it is that he is not telling you, he is resigned to keep secret for now.
"Please," he says with all earnest intent, "Won't you take care of this problem at hand first and then sate whatever curiosity about our town you have after the thieves are taken care of?"
He looks with wide, tired and puffy eyes at you all...
 
Top Bottom