• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC The Mysterium

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"...Oh, fine," sighed Jachi. "We'll go and take a look at your bugbear, and return."

...She hadn't said that they'd kill it, of course. Perhaps they wouldn't.

GrendelForx

Validated User
The Townhead sighed heavily, relieved but also seemingly happy that the conversation was over, "The standard finder's rewards for anything that the Highwaymen may have taken, as well as five hundred gold upon proof of the villains' defeat."
Still staring at his hands, Townhead Marcus doesn't say more but just waits for your party to leave his offices.

Stormraven

Mystical Atheist
Validated User
Outside the office, Pádraigín looked at the others.
"What was all that about? Of course he's corrupt - every townhead I've ever met is corrupt. Most likely it's nothing worth bothering about - he's skimming a few silver out of the town's taxes when he sends them on, or he shakes down the local merchants for a little extra service. Let's just do what we need to do here and move on."

Talisman

The Man of Talis
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"He was hiding something," Tiberius opines. "And not something as prosaic as lining his pockets with tax money. He knows something about what's going on, and I'd bet my finest hat that it's more complex than a particularly charismatic bugbear bandit."

He frowns thoughtfully. "The Townhead is not a happy man. I'm trying to decide if he's afraid we'll find out his secret, or afraid we won't. If I didn't know better, I'd say he was frightened to tell us - not of punishment for whatever his own crimes might be, but of the consequences of his secret being known."

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Oh, I don't trust him one bit," said Jachi, "but we weren't getting anywhere there. Let's go see this bugbear, find out if we have to fight him, get that taken care of, and then come back."

GrendelForx

Validated User
Its Tiberius who notices the Townhead is still watching from a window, his face full of indecision about something that the lord is sure is important. But then his eyes widen as he sees something in the distance and he draws the shutters of the window loudly shut.
There is a shadow in an alley down the street, nothing that can be made out, it moves quickly between the walls of the tap house and the Inn and is gone into the darkness in an instant...

Talisman

The Man of Talis
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Movement in the alley, two buildings up," Tiberius says quietly. "And our dear friend seems to be having second thoughts. Between him and the priest - and that black carriage - this is definitely bigger than a few scruffy highwaymen. Or highwaybugbears, if you prefer."

GrendelForx

Validated User
As you look to the alley where the shadow has disappeared to, you hear a familiar clopping sound.
The stableboy has brought your mounts...
"I've been instructed to give you my best guess as to where the highwaymen might be found. The cliffs near the fallen caravan holds a cavern system that leads down into a particularly large cavern. This is where it is rumored that the would be pirate is building his vesel."
The young man, sallow and as restless as the others in this town looks to the Town offices and, satisfied with what he sees, continues though much more quietly.
"Once your business with the highwaymen is concluded you should leave this area and never return...forget you ever stepped foot in Tempest Bluff..."

JoanieSappho

Not drunk enough for this
Validated User
"I don't believe we were intending to settle down here," Mina replies lightly. "So unless there was some pressing reason or something else happens, I don't imagine we'd stick around too long. Of course, the weather and such might keep us here for a little bit, but that's always the case with traveling now, isn't it?"

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"What's so bad about this place, anyway?" Jachi asked. More information was good.

Top Bottom