• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC The Mysterium

GrendelForx

Registered User
Validated User
"Th-there's so many that are not with us anymore..." he says sadly but with a bit of anger to as he glares at the Town Offices, "This place is cursed and the curse touches all in the worse way! Just be wary and leave as soon as you can. And...take care of these very fine steeds you have."
 

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Jachi nodded.

"Aye. Talking's not getting us far. Let's go take a look."
 

GrendelForx

Registered User
Validated User
The area where the remains of the caravan are located is quite a ways down. In the cliffs the wreckage of the wagons can be seen and some of the torn wood floats upon the ocean water that slaps the cliffs with its waves. As was described, some few miles from the wreckage is a stone that doesn't look quite right jutting out form the cliffs though the vines that grow over the cliff face seem to cover it evenly enough.
There are ample rocks to carefully climb down to this area without too much risk of injury. There is a larger opening further down the wall though that way would seem a bit more treacherous and might risk a swim as well as a climb.
No one seems to be about the cliffs to guard the area, not that you have spotted at any rate...
 

Talisman

The Man of Talis
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Tiberius scans the cliffs and the wreckage carefully, wary of any movement, color, or anything that seems out of place.

"What do you think?" he mutters quietly to the others. "There's the obvious - that stone, the one with the shadow - but should we risk a swim and go for the larger opening? We'll be sitting ducks if we're spotted, though I haven't seen any watchers."
 

JoanieSappho

Not drunk enough for this
Validated User
"I like the idea of not falling to my death on a rock or in the sea, personally," Mina replies softly, her own eyes carefully studying the two paths down. "Either way we go, we would be in trouble if caught while climbing, so if you're asking for votes, mine is for the safer climb. We have enough trouble, I suspect, that we don't need to go searching for more, even if that's your usual idea of a good time."
 

GrendelForx

Registered User
Validated User
The climb is not difficult at all, though some trouble was gone through to give the illusion of it not being easy. Once scanned, footholds were obviously placed to allow access from the road.
The large rock is solid enough but can be moved by working together, a few of you should be able to move it, but it will not lend itself to surprising anyone if you are hoping to at this point. There is a rut where the stone has been moved back and forth a number of times though...
 

Talisman

The Man of Talis
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Surprise or safety," Tiberius muses. He winks at Mina. "I don't know about you, but I wouldn't be here if I prized safety."
 

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Surprise, then," said Jachi, "but don't expect me to be able to do a thing to move that rock!"
 

Stormraven

Mystical Atheist
Validated User
Pádraigín nods.
"With the powers gifted me I can do many things, but silently moving that is not one of them. Safety works for me, as well."
 
Top Bottom