• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

The NEW Questionable Content discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HDimagination

Building something out of Scrap
Validated User
Ok, so it looks like Faye is going to have to decide if she wants to take things any further with Angus or not.

I'm not saying that Marigold and Angus would go anywhere (I'm pretty sure that it is just a puppy-dog crush), but I'm interested to see how this develops.

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Even if she did, I think she'd pass up her shot to give Mar one :)

Wolfwood2

Validated User
I'm not saying that Marigold and Angus would go anywhere (I'm pretty sure that it is just a puppy-dog crush), but I'm interested to see how this develops.
I don't see how this can end in a non-painful way. I'm pretty sure that Angus has zero romantic interest in Marigold, and being rejected after making romantic overtures for the first time ever is going to make Marigold feel like crap. Not to mention that they share an apartment, which just makes the whole thing even more awkward.

ParadoxBoy

Retired User
What Wolfwood2 said. This will be painfully dramatic. And if it isn't, the writer fiat required would be so ham-handed as to sour me on the comic.

Which is a shame, because I don't want to see any of these characters get hurt, but they're in a situation where someone getting crushed is inevitable barring deus ex machina or something. If things played out as they logically would, Marigold ends up bearing the brunt of it, and she's so popular with the fanbase that I don't see Jeph letting that happen.

I also hope this doesn't end up defaulting to "the man always makes the wrong decision", but that's always a possibility.

HDimagination

Building something out of Scrap
Validated User
I don't see how this can end in a non-painful way. I'm pretty sure that Angus has zero romantic interest in Marigold, and being rejected after making romantic overtures for the first time ever is going to make Marigold feel like crap. Not to mention that they share an apartment, which just makes the whole thing even more awkward.
I think that it is important to realise that pain is not necesseraly a bad thing. I can see it going one of two ways:

1)Faye passes on Angus and he gets togeather with Mar-bear. She regrets missing her chance at something with a guy who is a close friend, for the 2nd time. she ends up vowing that next time she won't put it off so long, and maybe she is ready to try a proper relationship.

2) Angus realises that Marigold crush is just that, a crush, probably just because she is the first (cute) boy that has shown an interest in her (in real life). Hopefully he will let her down easy and still be her friend.

I think that in actuallity a third option is more likey, because the above two are predicated on two things that are unlikley to happen any time soon (IMO):

1) I don't think that Angus would get togeather with Marigold

2) I think Angus will put his foot in his mouth when the time comes.

Of course I still haven't ruled out the possibility of Marten fighting Angus in an animeesque duel for stealing people away from his Harem.. Just so they can end up being shirtless and making all the Yaoi girls scream.

It's certanly getting interesting again though.

cappadocius

Banned
Marigold will awkwardly attempt to put what she believes are the moves on Angus. Angus will not notice and will either, depending on what mood Jeph is in, either unwittingly say something hurtful to Marigold or unwittingly say something that will lead her along. Either way, Marigold will be confused and hurt in some way that leads to personal growth, and then Jeph will introduce a new character to be the focus of fannish relationship speculation.

It's the circle of webcomics.

Scurrilous

Validated User
Yep, not the thing to shout when you come back from the bathroom and find your awkward female roommate naked on the couch. Of course, this could be a red herring Marigold might have barfed on the couch, she's new at this drinking thing.

But yeah, we've seen that Angus doesn't think of her that way. The question is whether he has any self control when drunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom