• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC [The Nightmares Underneath] Byzantium: Nightmares Undreamed Of

Lysus

Unbelievably Fancy Ostrich
Validated User
Late afternoon
Copper Scroll District

The woman moves casually, without rush, through the crowd, following your path. When she gets to the wall you scarpered up, she pauses and looks around. She looks a little wounded, her nose twitching. She peers up the side of the building, pulls out her spyglass and looks around, and seems to get distracted by something down a neighboring alley.
Form hidden by the shadows wrapped around her, Amata deftly dodges through the milling crowd of the market. She sidesteps, spins, and saunters as the dance of the teeming mass of people demands, ducking under a palanquin carried through the market on the backs of slaves. Reaching her quarry, her left hand reaches out and deftly grasps the shoulder of the woman while her right clenches a dagger with its point at the kidney.

"I don't particularly like being followed. You're going to come with me and then we're going to have a talk. You'd best not be working for the Star Ambassadors or this will not end well for you."

Atlictoatl

Powered by the Apocryphal
Validated User
Form hidden by the shadows wrapped around her, Amata deftly dodges through the milling crowd of the market. She sidesteps, spins, and saunters as the dance of the teeming mass of people demands, ducking under a palanquin carried through the market on the backs of slaves. Reaching her quarry, her left hand reaches out and deftly grasps the shoulder of the woman while her right clenches a dagger with its point at the kidney.

"I don't particularly like being followed. You're going to come with me and then we're going to have a talk. You'd best not be working for the Star Ambassadors or this will not end well for you."
Amata
Late afternoon
Copper Scroll District

You move through the crowd with skill. Nothing there gives you away. Still, the woman turns towards you as you approach, in an unfocused way. She somehow knows you're there, but not exactly. If you were visible, she'd have a bead on you.

You duck around her before she can track the movement, thus affecting the kidney poke you were after, but you had to shift the angle you closed with her on, which puts you in a more compressed space than you'd intended. The wall's kind of behind you, and there's a cafe table and chair to the side hemming you in. If she wanted to put up a fight, she might be able to tip you off balance. And you appear to view, the grab-and-kidney move taking your attention away from maintaining the Cloak.

She doesn't put up a fight, though. She raises her hands in the air in the universal gesture of surrender, that damned spyglass clutched in one of them. "Easy there, sugah. Whateveh you say," the woman breathes. Her voice is like honey. Clearly trained. It's hard to not stop what you're doing just to keep listening to her talking.

Spoiler: Show

Rowenn552

Validated User
"They're gettingg it alll wrong, bhudddy. I been watch- watcching. All wrong. He did- didn't do it. Been watcching. You'll shee. They'll all sshee."

He contemplates the stitching on your clothing for a long moment, then looks up and grins at you, patting your chest again.
Tomás the Bloody-Handed Bastard
Mid-Morning
Iron Helmet District

Tomás raises a thick eyebrow at the drunk’s words and grins back at the man.

So this man saw did he? The painter is innocent of... of, well, whatever is going on yeah?

Tomás smacks his lips a few times acting thirsty, “Ya know friend, I could use a drink. How about you? I know a nice place... around heeere...”, Tomás looks around as if he’s trying to get his bearings but he definitely knows where The Bound Dog is located.

“... ah right! This way, this way!”, he exaggeratedly points ahead back the way they had come down the alley. When they pass by the painter’s home towards the direction of the tavern Tomás gives a fleeting glance back over his shoulder at those void-like windows, feels the tingle of something crawling down his spine and the drip of blood falling from a fingertip...

As established, Tomás hasn’t been to the Iron Helmet district until recently in some time much less during the day.

The Bound Dog might not exist anymore or it might be under new management or any number of things. It used to bear a sign of three dogs playing but with their tails bound together by a snake.

Tomás with his dim wits is assuming that the drunk is talking about the painter when he mentions ‘*he* didn’t do *it*’. Whatever he and it are, Tomás is assuming ‘He’ is the painter and ‘It’ is whatever badness is going on. He could be totally off base.

The man might not even come along and that’s fine as well. There’s plenty for Tomás to get into here.

Last edited:

Lysus

Unbelievably Fancy Ostrich
Validated User
Amata
Late afternoon
Copper Scroll District

You move through the crowd with skill. Nothing there gives you away. Still, the woman turns towards you as you approach, in an unfocused way. She somehow knows you're there, but not exactly. If you were visible, she'd have a bead on you.

You duck around her before she can track the movement, thus affecting the kidney poke you were after, but you had to shift the angle you closed with her on, which puts you in a more compressed space than you'd intended. The wall's kind of behind you, and there's a cafe table and chair to the side hemming you in. If she wanted to put up a fight, she might be able to tip you off balance. And you appear to view, the grab-and-kidney move taking your attention away from maintaining the Cloak.

She doesn't put up a fight, though. She raises her hands in the air in the universal gesture of surrender, that damned spyglass clutched in one of them. "Easy there, sugah. Whateveh you say," the woman breathes. Her voice is like honey. Clearly trained. It's hard to not stop what you're doing just to keep listening to her talking.

Amata reaches to seize the spyglass with her free hand, but then thinks better of it. Better to have an open hand in an emergency. She leads Red into a nearby alley, then around another tight corner until they are hidden from the view of the bustling market.

"You already know what I want. Why are you following me?"

thirdkingdom

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Stanles Lear's Apartments
Morning
The Wyvern Duke's Palace Inn

Ghazil Khan bows to you, repeating that naval thing with heels. "Thank you, my lord." He and his footman take their leave.

It's a reasonably pleasant day today, if the scene out the windows is to be believed. "How would you like to break your fast this morning, milord?" the servant assigned to your rooms inquires, once Khan has left.
Stanles Lear

"Here, in the study, if you don't mind. I don't need anything much this morning, as I have much to think on. How about . . . some toast and bacon, two poached eggs with asparagus to dip into the yoke, a melon, strawberries, a cup of yoghurt, cheese, and grits. Coffee, too. Black as my soul." Lear proceeds to faff about for an hour or two after breakfast, then decides to look up his old comrades.

Illtry

Validated User
Do you have anything to tend to in the garden, before you leave? Anything to do in the City before attending the evening's entertainment?
Cypress gets ready to leave before realizing that he has yet to tend to some particularly temperamental plants that heavily dislike not being fed. He rushes towards them, already hearing a slow rumb,e as they complain. As he does so he rushes his itinerary through his mind. He has little to do in town, but wouldn’t at all mind taking a few detours. After all who knows what fun is to be had in the unknown streets that stretch before him?

Last edited:

Atlictoatl