• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

The One Ring--Interest?

Dr Mobius

Validated User
I've played The One Ring with a few groups in Real Life over the years. Overall it's been a fun experience and I would like to play some more. Unfortunately, due to current life circumstances, my rpg hobby is having to transition to play-by-post. I've recently been putting out feelers for interest in joining or helping form a pbp group. Is anyone on rpg.net interested in getting a TOR game going?

OMG

Meat Popsicle
Validated User
Well, that's three of us so far in just under 24 hours. That seems a good sign...
As the thread starter, you are going to run it I assume? If not this might fizzle out very fast if nobody is willing to run it.

Dr Mobius

Validated User
Ok, I'm willing to run an adventure. I have all the TOR pdf's as well as the Wild Adventures pdf files. My work is insanely busy right now so y'all will need to bear with me a bit...

First off, what adventures have you played through or been the Loremaster for?

OMG

Meat Popsicle
Validated User
Ok, I'm willing to run an adventure. I have all the TOR pdf's as well as the Wild Adventures pdf files. My work is insanely busy right now so y'all will need to bear with me a bit...

First off, what adventures have you played through or been the Loremaster for?
Zero experience with TOR here but I'm a huge Tolkien fan. Though I'm trying to read Children of Hurin and it's making me want to rip the eyeballs out of my skull :cry:

NikoCarcosa

Validated User
Voicing potential interest. Played in a 3 month homebrew story by our group's resident Tolkien scholar.

Definitely will be playing a hobbit of some persuasion.

Spoiler: Show

image credit: Paul Tobin
Name: Yossarian Tanglefoot

Culture: Wild Hobbit of the Valley of Anduin Standard of Living: Frugal
Cultural blessing: Shadow-Sight
Calling: Wanderer Shadow weakness: Wandering-madness
Specialities: Beast-lore, Fishing, Folk-lore
Distinctive features: Adventurous, Clever
Body: 2 Heart: 7 Wits: 5
Body (favoured): 4 Heart (favoured): 8 Wits (favoured): 8

-Common Skills-
  • Awe: 0 Inspire: 1 Persuade: 0
  • Athletics: 2 Travel: 2 Stealth: 3
  • Awareness: 2 Insight: 1 Search: 2
  • Explore: 2 Healing: 1 Hunting: 2
  • Song: 1 Courtesy: 1 Riddle: 2
  • Craft: 0 Battle: 0 Lore: 1
-Weapon Skills-
  • Bow: 2
  • Short sword: 1
  • Dagger: 2
  • (Bows): 1
-Rewards-:
-Virtues-: Art of Disappearing
-Gear-
  • Bow damage: 5 edge: 10 injury: 14 enc: 1
  • Short sword damage: 5 edge: 10 injury: 14 enc: 1
  • Dagger damage: 3 edge: G injury: 12 enc: 0
Endurance: 23 Starting Endurance: 23 Fatigue from Encumbrance: 2 Fatigue from Travel: 0 Total Fatigue: 2
Hope: 19 Starting Hope: 19 Temporary Shadow: 0 Permanent Shadow: 0 Total Shadow: 0
Armour: 0 Headgear: 0
Parry: 5 Shield: 0
Damage: 0 Ranged: 0
Wisdom: 2 Valour: 1
Experience: 0 Missing:uitotal: 0
Fellowship: 0 Advancement: 0 Treasure: 0 Standing: 0 Courage: 0

Last edited:
Top Bottom