• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

The One Ring--Interest?

thenorm42

Validated User
Yikes, that sounds very difficult, best of luck with that Dr Mobius!

Orokos is fine with me. I think I'd quite like to play a Hobbit or a Blue Mountains Dwarf.

NikoCarcosa

Validated User
Dr Mobius Dr Mobius Yeah, I prefer Orokos generally. Tough run with your mom. My grandfather passed from Alzheimer's complications, just recently put my grandma into a retirement home. Throwing a wake for my stepdad I'd been caregiver for seven years. Family health problems are seriously rough.

graeyWolf

Bites and Peaces
Validated User
I haven't touched my t1R books in a while, had to run instead of play when it was still new. Is there room for me?

...I also find myself wishing I had picked up the Erebor sourcebook at some point.

Dr Mobius

Validated User
graeyWolf graeyWolf : what adventures did you run? I'm thinking of starting out with some Tales From Wilderland/Darkening of Mirkwood stuff.
@Everybody: would doing some Tales/Darkening stuff be okay with you?

OK, so I'm going to create an OOC thread for folks to post up their characters. I would HIGHLY recommend using the online character generator found HERE and using the "save character as code" feature in the box, and then copying/pasting to the OOC thread. Please include your background info--a few sentences to a couple of paragraphs is good. Also, feel free to use the "Spoiler box" forum code here on rpg.net when posting your character. I'll post a sample character, "Bob the Beorning", as an example. I'll go through and double check stuff this week.

Thanks!

graeyWolf

Bites and Peaces
Validated User
what adventures did you run? I'm thinking of starting out with some Tales From Wilderland/Darkening of Mirkwood stuff.
It was mostly improvised on-the-fly, inspired by the 'blue lantern' artwork for the Hall of Balthi (Loremaster's book, page 106) that I really liked, and the game died because I'm bad at holding the players' interest over the long term.

Dr Mobius

Validated User
OK folks, hold off on posting characters to the OOC thread just yet. There seems to be a compatibility issue between the BB code on the azrapses character sheet site and the rpgnet BB code.

Dr Mobius

Validated User
Right, turns out I was doing it wrong. When you finish your character at azrapses site, click on the "export to forum markup" tab, then copy the code in the box that appears. When you go to copy it to the OOC thread, use the "sblock" codes. You can find them, along with other rpgnet bb codes, HERE. I have Bob the Beorning posted up so you can see what it should look like.

TCArknight

Validated User
Would there still be an open slot? I’ve had TOR stuff since it came out and never gotten to play... lol

Dr Mobius

Validated User
OK: roll call!

I have the following players interested in the game:

thenorm42
OMG
Gyrfalcon
NikoCarcosa
MrPrim
graeyWolf
TCArknight

This is as many as I'm willing to accomodate now. Recruitment is closed. If anyone wants to PM me to be included on a wait-list for either this game or for potentially another game of TOR if I am able to start one, then please let me know! Thanks for your interest!

Last edited:
Top Bottom