• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

The Ongoing Nintendo Thread II: Now Available in Exciting Neon Colors OR Dreary Grey!

Aspeon

Validated User
Also: I think we are getting a Mario 2 setting with this game as well, it just hasn't been revealed yet.

I mean, when they are showing off the 3D land stuff, they they first bring it up, there is a blank space on the menu to the right of it. With enough room for another game mode.

And they demonstrate that the 3D world is so different from the main game mode it has to be its own thing. Just like mario 2.
My response to that would be "That's preposterous! There's so much ridiculous new stuff in here already, and they don't need to go the extra mile to get everyone to buy it," but I would've said that yesterday about some of the stuff that got revealed this time around.

(un)reason

Making the Legend
Validated User
My response to that would be "That's preposterous! There's so much ridiculous new stuff in here already, and they don't need to go the extra mile to get everyone to buy it," but I would've said that yesterday about some of the stuff that got revealed this time around.
Fingers crossed. It would seem silly to introduce a mario 2 mode in Mario Maker 3 5-odd years down the line, when it would be more thematically appropriate here.

(The real question in my mind is if Mario Maker 3 on the next console will have actual 3D modes, at least a 3D World and a Mario 64 one, since those are just about simple enough that I can theoretically see how you could make a 3D level designer that's intuitive to use with them.)

yalborap

Well, that’s just Prime.
Validated User
Well I did it. Found a seller on Amazon offering Prime shipping plus a carrying case for only 40, decided to pull the trigger. We'll see how it goes when it gets here tomorrow! If it works, I'll take the savings from a Pro Controller and put them into getting that on sale copy of Shovel Knight, perhaps.

yalborap

Well, that’s just Prime.
Validated User
And I’ve had the controller for a few days!

I ended up returning to Blaster Master Zero as an easy testbed.

BMZ is really good and one I’m glad to have returned to to finish, and the SN30 Pro feels real nice in the hand.

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
Bit of an update for the Castlevania anniversary edition. Apparently it came out while I wasn't paying attention. Here's the full games list.

Castlevania
Castlevania II Simon's Quest
Castlevania III Dracula's Curse
Super Castlevania IV
Castlevania The Adventure
Castlevania II Belmont's Revenge
Castlevania Bloodlines
Kid Dracula (never released in English before)
History of Castlevania - Book of the Crescent Moon

So no Symphony of the night, that's a bit of a damper on the festivies, but hey, all the NES games, the two gameboy games, the Genesis game, and Kid Dracula! I'll probably pick this up next week.

Crinos

Validated User

Baldur's Gate, Planescape Torment, Neverwinter Nights and Icewind Dale are coming to the Switch.

Gojira

in a rubber monster suit
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Saw an article about this a couple of days ago. Planescape Torment looks interesting as I've never played it, and it seemed more focused on story that the others. I'm going to research them all more when they actually are available.

Vargen

Validated User
Is that the actual Neverwinter Nights with the construction set and DM tools, or just the pre-made campaign they shipped with it?

Crinos

Validated User
I'm kind of curious how it will work at all considering most of those are point and click games, and the switch is kind of bereft of a mouse.

Also: The Nintendo e3 Direct is tomorrow at noon. As its literally the only bit of E3 I actually give a shit about, I'll be watching.

Top Bottom