• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

The Ongoing Nintendo Thread II: Now Available in Exciting Neon Colors OR Dreary Grey!

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
So far:

Dragon Quest Hero confirmed for Smash

Also: Nice to see they are having fun with the fact the new American CEO is named Bowser.

Crinos

Validated User
A secret of Mana collection Available today.

And the Witcher.

Crinos

Validated User
Banjoo Kazooie is in Smash.

THEY'RE IN THERE.

I think we know who won e3.

Quartz Falcon

Validated User
Honestly, after the DQ Hero trailer, I was ready to declare Nintendo as having Lost E3, now and forever. Thankfully, the rest of the presentation was top notch.

EDIT: Glad Luigi's Mansion 3 looks more complete, and very interesting too. Definitely hyped for Trials of Mana and the collections announced. I don't play NMH, but I'm glad the third game is a solid game now and not just a "maybe".

Animal Crossing looks good.

And even if the Banjo Kazooie trailer reused the gag from the K.Rool trailer, I still laughed.

Last edited:

JoanieSappho

Not drunk enough for this
Validated User
In the Treehouse, they dropped some ... news.
No national pokedex in Sword and Shield, and if it's not in the Galar regional pokedex, you cannot transfer it over.

Crinos

Validated User
In the Treehouse, they dropped some ... news.
No national pokedex in Sword and Shield, and if it's not in the Galar regional pokedex, you cannot transfer it over.
What the actual shit is that?

I mean first of all, that's gonna kill a lot of the post game fun, since a lot of the Post game is unlocking the National Pokedex and getting to catch mons you can't in the normal campaign. Two, and this is a big one, this is pretty much gonna kill the tournament scene because it means people would be able to bring up their mons, some of whom they've probably had since Gen 3, to the latest game.

Oh man I bet Jim Sterling is gonna have a field day with this (Because one of Jim's favorite topics of discussion is, among other things, when Nintendo does stupid, seemingly arbitrary things for the dumbest possible reasons, like when they said that Pokemon games wouldn't have cloud saving to prevent people from, using cloud saves to cheat, which has never happened. Or not letting you play multiplayer with friends because it might mess up leaderboards, or only trickling 3 NES titles onto their NES online service a month with such titles as Volleyball and fucking Clu Clu land.)

JoanieSappho

Not drunk enough for this
Validated User
Hey, don't blame me, I'm just repeating the dumb shit they came out with.
Personally, I was hoping to continue my living pokedex, too, especially since I'm partway doing a thing of having all the pokemon transferred over from their original games as much as possible and this means that my collection basically stops in Ultra Moon now.
And on the tournament stuff ... to be honest, breaking up the meta from the same eight-ten pokemon it's been for the last couple gens is good, but this is the worst way they could have done anything about it.

I also cannot wait for the boglins to bring this to Jim Sterling's attention either.

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User
I'm guessing that they didn't have time to make all the upgraded Pokemon assets, and the inevitable improved version of the game will have full transfer.

Top Bottom