• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

The Ongoing Nintendo Thread II: Now Available in Exciting Neon Colors OR Dreary Grey!

Gojira

in a rubber monster suit
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Other folks appear to be cautiously optimistic as well. Secret of Mana appears to have gotten a poor port. So far, this one is looking better, according to some pundits. I'll wait until after release and some reviews come in, but I'm all for another great JRPG on the Switch.

Jhiday

Unrepentant Froggie
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I've taken advantage of a current sale (and cashing out my points for pre-ordering Dragon Quest Builders 2) to buy I am Setsuna.

And wow, the Chrono Trigger vibe is very strong here. From the basic combat system (ATB with techniques that can combo between characters, and placement that matters) to the way the maps work (quiet and very empty overworld, monsters visible and often avoidable in dungeon maps), and lol at the locked chests everywhere... There's a dash of FF7 (with a materia-like system for techs), and of course the basic premise is very FF10 (this generation's Chosen One and her bodyguards on a doomed pilgrimage to mitigate the monster issue).

But hey, there are certainly worse classic games to emulate, it's gorgeous, and it's already growing on me after an hour or so of play. Now I just need to find the time for it...

Gojira

in a rubber monster suit
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I haven't had a chance to watch this yet, but Game Makers' Toolkit has released a video on how to make levels in Super Mario Maker II:

Caseyg

Validated User
The Switch Lite looks nice and all, but what I really want a hardware revision of the joycons. Those things have issues to put it mildly...:cautious:

Starfall

Validated User
The Switch Lite looks nice and all, but what I really want a hardware revision of the joycons. Those things have issues to put it mildly...:cautious:
Yeah, I probably won't be getting a Switch Pro if/when it comes out, but I am hoping that they will release revised versions of the Joy Cons alongside it so I can replace my OG ones if they become unsalvageable. (I was getting really bad drift, but contact cleaner fixed it better than I expected, so hopefully they will hold up for awhile yet.)

Gojira

in a rubber monster suit
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Just noticed a big-assed sale on the Nintendo eStore, with lots of games between 30% and 60% off. Over 180 games according to the headline, and for both the 3DS and the Switch. (OK this looks like EU only, hopefully something similar for other regions, I haven't checked.)

I also noticed two games (exactly two!) on sale for the Wii U. It's kinda weak, but that might clarify some of Nintendo's statements about keeping the 3DS for "as long as there's demand." They might really mean it, if they're willing to keep supporting the Wii U. I could see the Switch Lite replacing the 3DS XL but the 2DS versions might enjoy a steep price discount over the Lite and therefore might remain decent sellers.

Gojira

in a rubber monster suit
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Nintendo has at least partially addressed some of the issues with Joycons "drifting" and becoming more difficult to use over time:

At some point in the last few days, Nintendo updated the front page of its customer support website, placing a prominent direct link to a page that lets you start a ticket to get your Joy-Con repaired. (The previous version of the page, as archived on July 19, only included a link to the troubleshooting page, which more or less asks if your system is updated and then tells you to use the system’s Joy-Con software recalibration feature.)
I think it would be better to find a permanent fix, but at least they're being more forthright about how to get the issue fixed without spending $70 on a new set of Joycons.

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
I actually had that happen to me with my original joycons. The thing was sticking up. So I had to buy new ones. I figured I was just too rough with it and broke it.

Gojira

in a rubber monster suit
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm having the same problem with mine, although it's not sever at all, I can basically jiggle the direction pads around and they'll re-center themselves. But like you I thought I had been too rough on mine. Turns out everyone else was thinking the same thing.

Top Bottom