• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

The Ongoing Nintendo Thread II: Now Available in Exciting Neon Colors OR Dreary Grey!

Isator Levie

Validated User
For the most part I've found the drift adjustable or adaptable when doing a normal adventure game or whatever, but it's gotten so bad with Mario Kart that it's basically unplayable without the pro controller.

I'm wary of sending things away in the post where they could be lost (or worse, replaced with ones that are not mine), but if I could get handheld online Mario Kart back...

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Good news- I have a new 3ds on the way. Used new 3ds. Have been in multiple conversations on how confusing a decision it was of Nintendo to call it 'new'. Getting the grey Monster Hunter 4 model 'cause it looks cool (don't have MH4 the game, though).

Games on my high priority list- Megamans, Zeldas, Marios, Radiant Historia, Fire Emblem Awakening, probably Xenoblade.

Gojira

in a rubber monster suit
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Good news- I have a new 3ds on the way.
You can also of course play DS games. They're ancient at this point but there's quite a few gems. The Professor Layton series is a favorite. And of course the Phoenix Wright series started on the DS.

Fantasy Life is a cool and cute take on the fantasy genre. Highly recommended. It looks like a shallow kiddy game and kids could play it but it's got surprising depth.

Besides Awakening, there's also Shadows of Valentia which was an excellent remake of an older Fire Emblem game. I haven't finished it or Fates but I'd put it well above the latter.

Also be sure to check out the virtual console. Lots of classics there, including original Zelda, most of the Castelvanias, and all (I think) the original Metroids too.

Jhiday

Unrepentant Froggie
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The Dragon Quest XI S demo dropped a couple of days ago. The game itself looks perfectly fine (I'm probably going to buy it next month), but I was definitely amused by the "Draconic Quest" option that will have villagers randomly spouting lies. I might just activate it purely to see what it does. (Especially since you can toggle it back off freely in churches.)

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
So, there is a direct tomorrow at 6PM est.

Considering the recent Amazon leak I mentioned in the Overwatch thread, I presume this is going to be the reveal of Overwatch on Switch.

Aspeon

Validated User
There have also been some leaks about the next Smash character. I was kind of hoping for an Overwatch character given the OW leaks, but more recent leaks suggest someone from an SNK game.

Crinos

Validated User
There have also been some leaks about the next Smash character. I was kind of hoping for an Overwatch character given the OW leaks, but more recent leaks suggest someone from an SNK game.
My guess is Athena Asamiya or one of the Ikari warriors.

Both of them are from KOF, but they also had games from the NES.

I'd bet on Athena myself.

Barret

Validated User
The Direct will be Luigi's Mansion and Sword and Shield focused, but it's 40 minutes long so we should get a bit more stuff. And don't forget the one more thing, at the end.

Grantanz

Validated User
I am seeing good things about the Final Fantasy VIII remaster on Switch. I remember playing that on my PS1, and it is certainly reasonably priced.

Crinos

Validated User
The Direct will be Luigi's Mansion and Sword and Shield focused, but it's 40 minutes long so we should get a bit more stuff. And don't forget the one more thing, at the end.
Ah, if its sword and shield focused, that means we're probably getting the evolved forms of the starters.

Top Bottom