• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

The Only Fantasy World Map You'll Ever Need

Chris Goodwin

not a robot
Validated User
[Setting riff-ish] The Only Fantasy World Map You'll Ever Need

This has been going around the face books this morning, and I hadn't seen any discussion of it here yet. Pretty much every fantasy game out there can show up on this map.

I'd have thought Incest & Intrigue would be further north.

Some of us were trying to figure out where Hogwarts would be; either in Fancy Magic Town, or in that unnamed island off the coast of Suckmarsh. I think the Sorcerer Isles' climate is all wrong, but if I were to run this I'd scratch out the name and rename the aforementioned unnamed island that and put it there.

Last edited:

Zeea

Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
That is some wickedly vicious satire right there. Just needs a reference to "barely mentioned other continents that suck when actually fleshed out."

Chris Goodwin

not a robot
Validated User
That is some wickedly vicious satire right there.
Yes! Yet it seems to be eminently gameable wickedly vicious satire! :)

They need Science-Minded Sorcery Land and Magitech City.
Clockwork Tsars and Fancy Magic Town? Or Astrolabes and Alchemy, or Monstertown. I'm thinking that Fancy Magic Town could stand in for a lot of stuff.

Big Crimey Crapsack for Ankh-Morpork?

Ebony

Just Here for the Food...
Validated User
It needs a "Here There Be Dragons" off to one side, done in the proper font (possibly one where the s is replaces with an f) with a sea monster underneath it.

LoneWolf23

Validated User
Well, I'm saving this, with plans to use it at a later date. This IS a goddamn perfect Fantasy World Map, and all it needs are different names for everything.

junglefowl26

Validated User
Is it bad that I actually want to play in this?

The crawling city sounds particularly interesting.

My favorite satire was "Jade Empire" bit. Seems like the China place is always called that. Well, that or Dragon Empire.

Last edited:
Top Bottom