• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

The Orville: Blood of Patriots

Asmodai

Warrior Kobold
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Did they say what happened to the "daughter"? Was she handed over to the Krill? Put into Union prison? Something must have been done to satisfy the Krill, I can't see them accepting a mere story to sign the treaty.
At some point in the episode, I seem to recall the Krill saying they're not interested in her.

My guess is she was very carefully transported back to her homeworld.

Menocchio

Eccentric Thousandaire
Validated User
At some point in the episode, I seem to recall the Krill saying they're not interested in her.
That was before they knew she was an accomplice. They wanted the guy not just to kill him but to torture him until they found out what his weapon was. Well, she's the weapon and he's dead, so the Krill got everything they wanted.

Dave999

Validated User
Did they say what happened to the "daughter"? Was she handed over to the Krill? Put into Union prison? Something must have been done to satisfy the Krill, I can't see them accepting a mere story to sign the treaty.
I assume they can provide the remains.

junglefowl26

Validated User
On the other hand, what the Orville's crew actually agreed to was "let's have our ambassadors sit down and start talking" rather than a full treaty. The ceremonial state they're in is in between a ceasefire and an actual treaty.
True. The long term implications of the treaty are more the matter of the diplomats to w ork out than this one ship.

Great Britain and the U.S. allied with the Soviet Union to fight Nazi Germany in WW2. And they didn’t ask Stalin to stop being a murderous dictator first, or try to hold the USSR accountable for illegally invading Poland and Finland in 1939.

(Even today, Russia really doesn’t like people bringing up the fact that they invaded Poland. As far as they’re concerned, the Great Patriotic War started in 1941.)
True, and in fact I meant to mention Stalin in my first post.

The point I was trying to make is that when exactly to make peace is a situational thing, and thus there is room for legitimate disagreement on it, even if one is not genocidal.

I am curious about that as well, and wish we had gotten a bit more on her motives.

(Oh, and I know this is soft sci-fi, but it still bugged me that just a little bit of their blood can apparently take out giant ships, particularly since it sounded like he was just shooting them instead of sabotaging key systems. I mean, it is not a huge deal or anything, but I wanted to say it)

Crothian

Validated User
I just watched this. The Krill didn't want the daughter and didn't know she was involved. When the krill demanded the prisoner return they only wanted him. It was an interesting episode.

Top Bottom