• The window for editing your posts has been extended from 48 hours to about two weeks or so. Please report any problems with this in Trouble Tickets.

The Orville- Home

Qwa'ha Xahn

High King of the Known Worlds
Validated User
Now that was a good episode. Surprisingly tense and terrifying at points.
Spoiler: Show
John Billingsley (at least I think that’s his name) makes a downright unsettling bad guy. And damn I’m going to miss Alara. I really liked her character. Hopefully she’ll be back someday.

And from a worldcrafting standpoint- while the whole gravity thing was played fast and loose as anything is on the Orville, I dug that there weren’t a ton of super tall buildings on the world.

Last edited:

swordsman1612

Ring Slinger wannabe.
Validated User
The best part, IMO, was that they found a technobabble solution so that Alara actually got the option of choosing her path, rather than being forced by circumstance.

Susanoo Orbatos

Social Justice Huckster
Validated User
I don't really get why she chose to leave? I mean the narrative seems pretty jarring.

As in the plot is about how professional and compitent she is in her chosen field and then. "Well I only chose it get away from my parents"

Esckey

Validated User
Yeah didn’t like the outcome as well, was a pretty good episode right up to that point. Curious as to why she left. She did a really good job in this episode.

I’m always surprised by the guest appearances. Wonder if they purposely seek them out or if they ask if they want to be on the show, especially for small parts like Patrick Walburtons part(at least I’m pretty sure that was him under all that makeup and prosthetics)

Susanoo Orbatos

Social Justice Huckster
Validated User
Yeah didn’t like the outcome as well, was a pretty good episode right up to that point. Curious as to why she left. She did a really good job in this episode.

I assume its because she wanted to leave the show without being killed by a petulant God alien

Lord Shark

Varoonik!
Validated User
It was Trek Doctor Reunion Night, with the Holo-Doc and Dr. Phlox putting in appearances. Too bad they couldn't work in Gates McFadden or Alexander Siddig too.

I wonder if Patrick Warburton will be sticking around as Double Esophagus Guy, or they'll add a new cast member to take over as head of security? I rather hope the latter; DEG was amusing for a couple of scenes but it seems like he'd wear thin quick.

Tom B

Validated User
Probably the first episode I've enjoyed almost without reservation. (Didn't like the new alien guy, but that's a very minor C-plot.) I understood her reasoning and thought it worked well enough for an in-story reason for her departure. It also keeps open the possibility of returning, unlike other Chiefs of Security in other shows...

Duskfire

Validated User
It also keeps open the possibility of returning, unlike other Chiefs of Security in other shows...
Halston is listed as being in every episode this season on IMDb, so either it's a contractual thing for her credit no matter how many episodes she appears in (since she is a main character), or like Michelle Yeoh on Discovery, IMDb will be edited later to show only the ones she is actually in. I don't know how that works, honestly, just guessing. But I do hope her absence is brief.

Top Bottom