• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

The other {MHR Interest/GM Recruitment] thread.

HardKore Keltoid

RAW Cultist
Validated User
So there's this thing here, and it seems to have garnered enough interest, but it's full, and there are enough interested players to fill three games.

I like the idea of forming a Supers universe around the backgrounds of the heroes, rather than playing in an established one. Honestly, as much as I love Marvel and DC, their plots, connections and relationships all look like a particularly ornery patch of kudzu to me. Plus, things are generally more Super if there aren't a couple hundred established heroes stomping around already.

So yeah, that. MHR looks like a cool system, and I bought it, and I'd like to get some use out of it eventually.

My current concept is an intrepid reporter (of the "nosy kid with a blog" kind) who, while investigating the obligatory Evil Corporation for bio-ethics violations, was captured and used as a test subject. It was, of course, a super-soldier program, and she wasn't expected to survive, but the serum had unforeseen side-effects due to a genetic anomaly.

She escaped containment with some unexpected taser-fu, strapped into some prototype power armor (shelved for requiring a big unstable battery, of course) and used herself as a power supply. Since then, she's been freelance hero-ing it up, while trying her best to outfox creepy MiB enforcers that want their property back - all of it.

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I like the idea-- I'd like to resurrect my character Lilith McNaught for something like this-- but needing a GM is kinda an obstacle.

HardKore Keltoid

RAW Cultist
Validated User
I like the idea-- I'd like to resurrect my character Lilith McNaught for something like this-- but needing a GM is kinda an obstacle.
Bah, that other game managed it, and MHR doesn't seem particularly hard to run. Mechanics like the Doom Pool and Event Milestones handle quite a lot of the load. NPC creation is done in a few minutes if you're doing it right. All a GM needs is a few heroes and a world that needs saving.

So what's Lilith like? Sounds vaguely occult-y, that'n.

VeiledSpectre

Analyzing Data...
That "Other MHR" thread of about 9 or so has now dwindled to about four and our GM mentioned per might have 2 open slots, if one of the previous members doesn't claim them soon. You might want to PM per about that... forum handle is "Cryptico". We have an OOC thread, and we're working on refining characters and datafiles now.

Insertname

Validated User
I'll run.

Give me a character and backstory and I'll tie them together into a world.

Except what comes up in backstories and tangents off from the heroes themselves the assumption is the modern world as we know it, more varied the backstories more stuff gets included.

(this is for a start, of course, the world will evolve in its own kudzu way if it keeps going)

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I think it might be good to do proposed characters writeups that include what you're bringing to the world. I'll work on one. (Short form of what I'm introducing: Super-biology, mad scientists, kaiju.)

Top Bottom