• The window for editing your posts has been extended from 48 hours to about two weeks or so. Please report any problems with this in Trouble Tickets.

The Peasants are Revolting! Looking for recommendations for miniatures

Burgonet

Writer and author
Validated User
Hello all!

I've resolved to run a Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4th edition game as I've picked up the new edition for Christmas.
Having recently spoken to a few folks it'd seem that Citadel doesn't really make actual peasant miniatures these days as they once did.

But I'm sure there are plenty of other companies out there that make miniatures that would fit the bill.
So, what companies who deliver internationally can you recommend if I'm looking for suitable pieces?
Children, adults, older citizens.

What pieces and makers, either historic or fantasy, do you think would suit the Warhammer Fantasy setting?

Eremite

Validated User
Weird suggestion given we're looking for other companies... but actually GW's new Cawdor gangers have a great medeval aesthetic (if you don't arm them with firearms)

Gideon

Validated User
I've got a bunch of different peasants that populate my vaguely Warhammery world that I've picked up from various places.

I guess the most common I've got are from Gripping Beast (Dark Ages) and Foundry (12th century), but these feel quite early. Perry do some decent later peasants (for ECW I think), which should fit the Warhammer World.

Really, I think you can mix a bunch of peasants and they don't really date the setting as much as regular soldiers might.

Gideon

Validated User
There's also the Lead Adventure Breugelburg range, which aren't really peasants, but they an excellent collection of townsfolk and villagers.

jimthegray

Validated User
Hello all!

I've resolved to run a Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4th edition game as I've picked up the new edition for Christmas.
Having recently spoken to a few folks it'd seem that Citadel doesn't really make actual peasant miniatures these days as they once did.

But I'm sure there are plenty of other companies out there that make miniatures that would fit the bill.
So, what companies who deliver internationally can you recommend if I'm looking for suitable pieces?
Children, adults, older citizens.

What pieces and makers, either historic or fantasy, do you think would suit the Warhammer Fantasy setting?
Wizkids just put out a new commoners set

Scurrilous

Validated User
There's also the Lead Adventure Breugelburg range, which aren't really peasants, but they an excellent collection of townsfolk and villagers.
Yeah, there isn't a more Old World Warhammer Fantasy range that Breugelburg and there never will be.

In a slightly more medieval light, The Old Glory Revenge line has Revolting Peasants. The women and children and leaders are the most characterful sets but the looting and pillaging lot are also fun. Sure there's guys with clubs and rocks and pitch forks. Note these are all in the crude but characterful Old Glory style so they'll be quick to paint but look cartoonish next to stuff from the Perrys or Warlord.

Top Bottom