• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

The Saga Thread

Scutarii

Validated User
Just read the official rules on this and they say

Even more than other Saga universes, the AoM is a stand-alone universe. Although it is mechanically possible to pit historical and fantastical armies against one another the mix will be rather explosive. We prefer to recommend that players with historical armies explore the possibility of transposing their armies into imaginary worlds.
Fair enough.

Cessna

Gritty AF
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I have about 200 Foundry Vikings that were on Warhammer Ancient Battles 20mm square bases. I think I'm going to re-base them onto round bases for SAGA.

I know SAGA works with square bases, but I think the round bases look better.

enoto

E, not O.
Validated User
Grrrrrarrrrrgh I've resisted buying the new edition of Saga so far but NOW I MUST DO IT

Can anyone break down the factions and units thereof in Age of Magic, or point me at a (text) description of same?

Age of Magic sounds perfect for my poor, little-used Runewars dudes.

RSDean

Validated User
I have about 200 Foundry Vikings that were on Warhammer Ancient Battles 20mm square bases. I think I'm going to re-base them onto round bases for SAGA.

I hate rebasing, so I’d be cautious about it, but I do generally go with round bases for figures that will be used for skirmish games. In my case, though, I rebased most of my Dark Ages figures from one inch washers down to three-quarter inch washers one year, and have sworn never to do that again. :p

Gideon

Validated User
Grrrrrarrrrrgh I've resisted buying the new edition of Saga so far but NOW I MUST DO IT

Can anyone break down the factions and units thereof in Age of Magic, or point me at a (text) description of same?

Here's some decent review/chats:

https://haroldsrevenge.blogspot.com/2019/04/saga-age-of-magic-review.html

https://tewblogger.blogspot.com/2019/04/saga-aom-test-goblins-elves.html
https://tewblogger.blogspot.com/2019/04/saga-aom-test-goblins-vs-elves-2.html

Cessna

Gritty AF
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
In my case, though, I rebased most of my Dark Ages figures from one inch washers down to three-quarter inch washers one year, and have sworn never to do that again. :p
Why 3/4"?

The built-in bases on my figures are a bit large for 3/4".

Anopheles

I draw bugs
Validated User
The second edition is much improved over the first. So much cleaner, more consistent, lots of depth of scenarios and factions. AoM will bring so much fun to it, so yeah I’d recommend without a second thought.

enoto

E, not O.
Validated User
These are really helpful, thanks! I like that the factions are loosely, rather than tightly themed. Lots of applicability to many different miniature types.

I like the behemoth/titan/scourge split. It's pretty easy to imagine using my Hordes dudes, maybe even some Warmachine guys with a little squinting at the warjack rules.

Aesthete

A for Aeffort
Validated User

Funny you should mention it... because I have about 200 Foundry Vikings and the ones I have mounted are also on 20mm square bases.

So far I've decided to stick with the square bases, but I'm feeling the pull...

Top Bottom