• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

The Sandman TV series: a Netflix original

AJ the Ronin

I am Loki
Validated User

AliasiSudonomo

Trying to be a bird
Validated User

Goyer is writing. Gaiman and Goyer are co-producing.

Apparently it will be the most expensive TV done so far.

If Gaiman keep as much creative control as he did in Good Omens, I'm in
After seeing acceptable adaptations of Good Omens and American Gods, I am not so skeptical as I would have been once.

Kakita Kojiro

IL-series Cylon
RPGnet Member
Validated User
With the amount of greenscreen and motion-capture this would need, I'm not surprised that it would be the most expensive ever. It'll probably have to be more adapted for the screen than Good Omens needed to be -- there'll be no context for modern audiences about things like Doctor Dee and J'onn liking oreos as there was for comics' readers.

AJ the Ronin

I am Loki
Validated User
Doctor Dee and J'onn liking oreos as there was for comics' readers.
I think that first act is the one that will suffer the most.

I mean, is a shame that odds are that Matt Ryan won't be reprising John Constantine here (I wish!) but I'm glad we may get a proper Lucifer.

Chucky

Chupa-thingy
Validated User
With the amount of greenscreen and motion-capture this would need, I'm not surprised that it would be the most expensive ever. It'll probably have to be more adapted for the screen than Good Omens needed to be -- there'll be no context for modern audiences about things like Doctor Dee and J'onn liking oreos as there was for comics' readers.
As someone who never read a comic with J'onn in it in his life, I can tell you it requires zero context.

AliasiSudonomo

Trying to be a bird
Validated User
The DCU connections aren't really needed, anyway. John Dee just has to be a guy who acquired the Ruby Dreamstone. The only really significant one is the more campy superhero Sandman which was a deep cut, but even that could be elided. You really do not need all of the context.

AJ the Ronin

I am Loki
Validated User
The DCU connections aren't really needed, anyway. John Dee just has to be a guy who acquired the Ruby Dreamstone. The only really significant one is the more campy superhero Sandman which was a deep cut, but even that could be elided. You really do not need all of the context.
John is sort of important. I guess they can create a new character that dabble in the occult and his great, great ancestor did too and end up stealing a head during the French Revolution.

Lucifer is pivotal to the series. They can't get rid of him.

Top Bottom