• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[The Shape of Water] So, the trailer for Guillermo del Toro's new movie is out ...

Jay

Pow!
Validated User
... and it pretty clearly shows why he and Mignola had a falling out. It's blatantly the Abe Sapien prequel, minus the IP.
[video=youtube_share;lA4WD92it0k]https://youtu.be/lA4WD92it0k[/video]
Now, I'm not saying it looks like a bad movie, but holy shit is it ever Abe Sapien and the BPRD with the serial numbers filed off.

Last edited:

Void Elemental

Made in Cognito
Validated User
Re: So, the trailer for Guillermo del Toro's new movie is out ...

Does look cool, but yes it is.

edit: Hell, I know he's in everything now, but it's even got Doug Jones.

Last edited:

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User

Does look cool, but yes it is.

edit: Hell, I know he's in everything now, but it's even got Doug Jones.
Not that suprising seeing how he was Abe in the HB movies.

Void Elemental

Made in Cognito
Validated User

Not that suprising seeing how he was Abe in the HB movies.
No, it's not surprising. That's why I IMDB'd DJ to confirm it was him. It's just another layer on the "holy shit is it ever Abe Sapien and the BPRD with the serial numbers filed off" cake.

Dogr_Dollarsson

Validated User

It actually kinda feels like the weirdest remake of Let Me Hear You Whisper possible.

Seiberwing

Swift as a coursing river
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User

I haven't seen the trailer yet (at work) but if it's the movie I think it is, a LOT of Abe Sapien fanfic writers are going to be very happy. Or feeling plagiarized.

Xeno

Banned

Maybe the trailer will wind up better than the movie, but I don't see the point for the Del Toro/Mignola falling out: that looks like a really awesome origin story.

Qwa'ha Xahn

High King of the Known Worlds
Validated User

Somebody get Universal on the line and tell them to buy that shit! Buy it now. Reimburse whoever made it, call it The Creature From the Black Lagoon and go. It may be the only hope the Dark Universe has. :)

Manitou

Emperor of the Americas
Validated User

Oh wow, I thought you were exaggerating about the whole "abe sapien/BPRD with teh serial numbers filed off." But the only thing you were off about its the serial numbers, I think several were left on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom