• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

The Sixth Questionable Content thread: attractive robots and hipsters only!

Reef

Incredible!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I kind of hope Tilley doesn't stick around. Hanners was so emphatic about not wanting a PA, and based on today's strip, is still not enjoying it. It would be nice to see her able to stand her ground against her mother's intrusion, instead of slowly being won over.

Myrme

Historian for Hire
Validated User
I kind of hope Tilley doesn't stick around. Hanners was so emphatic about not wanting a PA, and based on today's strip, is still not enjoying it. It would be nice to see her able to stand her ground against her mother's intrusion, instead of slowly being won over.
Honestly, I'm expecting Tilly to go the way of most characters in QA: once Jeph has had his fun with the quirky girl/person of the month, they get eaten by an allosaurus and forgotten once he runs out of jokes with their particular brand of quirky.

Particle_Man

White Knight
Validated User
I am wondering if the fact that both Claire and Tilly are punsters is going to lead to more trans readers of QC (and then, eventually, more transfolk in general) becoming punsters IRL.

And I hope that Tilly sticks around in some form, albeit not as Hannelore's PA.

Max

A dapper chap without a doubt
RPGnet Member
Validated User
A fair point. It really depends on what kinds of duties Tilly's been trained for.
They're a business supervillain's henchperson. Of course they were trained to sort through mail and deliveries - threats in this basket, pleas in this one, bombs in another...

redwulf25_ci

Clown Pope of Wushu
Validated User
They're a business supervillain's henchperson. Of course they were trained to sort through mail and deliveries - threats in this basket, pleas in this one, bombs in another...
And looking back at the strip Tilly doesn't even say they should open her mail. Winslow accepts Hanners mail for her, Tilly knows that Important People often have someone handle their correspondence for them including opening their mail and sorting it and they regard Hanners as an Important Person. So they ask Winslow if this is a service he's been performing for Hanners previously.

A lot of the backlash to that particular strip seems to be coming from thinking that they're telling Winslow he should, or implying that they're going to without asking, instead of them asking if that's something normally done.

Last edited:

Yook

Validated User
(Tilly uses they/them pronouns.)

At work, I open the vast majority of the mail that my boss gets, and most of what I don't open gets opened by her other assistant who can look at stuff I'm legally not allowed to. Seems pretty normal to me, from an assistant's point of view.

Myrme

Historian for Hire
Validated User
Maybe this says more about me, but I don't trust Tilly. Everything about their relationship with Hannelore is informed by this being Tilly's job, so, money. And when money's involved, there's no telling what people will do. Especially as Tilly has read Hannelore's psychological profile, so they know which buttons to push to play on Hannelore's sympathies. Like resentment of her mother, dislike of confrontation or harming others, so on.

But I'm kind of expecting this arc to play out as "Oh they're so adorable, so I guess they're friends now and will stay!"

(and then be forgotten in six months and, I dunno, fired offscreen or eaten by an allosaurus)

LibraryLass

Feminazgûl
Banned
Validated User
People seem really high on the "eaten by an allosaurus" meme lately.

Ask Claire how that worked out.

Hell, ask Hannelore how that worked out.

If a character has enough appeal, Jeph'll keep 'em going.

Top Bottom