• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

The Sixth Questionable Content thread: attractive robots and hipsters only!

justified

Skeptical Simian
Validated User
Why doesn't Wil just give Faye an alcohol-free beer? It's not brilliant, but it's basically beer-tasting, and if you're on the wagon, you probably wouldn't want to enjoy drinking something that reminds you of booze, even if it's just a facsimile, too much anyway.
In many places, "alcohol-free" beers can have up to 0.5% alcohol, same as the kombucha she was offered.

Tom B

Validated User
Why doesn't Wil just give Faye an alcohol-free beer? It's not brilliant, but it's basically beer-tasting, and if you're on the wagon, you probably wouldn't want to enjoy drinking something that reminds you of booze, even if it's just a facsimile, too much anyway.
Those can still have up to 0.5% alcohol, which Faye already decided against.

Ivy

it's not easy being easy
Validated User
I would've expected Will to have some mocktail recipes or other non-alcoholic options, given that he's a bartender with a non-drinking girlfriend. Then again maybe Penelope just really likes kombucha so he never had to bother.

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
I would've expected Will to have some mocktail recipes or other non-alcoholic options, given that he's a bartender with a non-drinking girlfriend. Then again maybe Penelope just really likes kombucha so he never had to bother.
Yeah, "don't really drink" isn't "can't drink".

WistfulD

Validated User
This is also a hipster bar, they probably don't carry O'douls.
There are plenty of very good NA beers, from Kaliber (effectively NA Harps) to Buckler to... well, those are the ones I drink (and thus know about)… that a hipster bar should be proud to have. However, many alcoholics do not drink NA beer. The <0.5% alcohol content isn't the point. It looks, smells, and seems (including social context) like a beer, and that can be enough.

I'm glad this forum is being responsible about this discussion. The other gamer forum I'm on it turned into a pissing match over AA.

Top Bottom