• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

The Sixth Questionable Content thread: attractive robots and hipsters only!

Ivy

it's not easy being easy
Validated User
It's pretty well-established that AIs can move to a different processor substrate, though. Winslow and Momo both transferred into new bodies with just a USB cord, not a physical processor transplant. And when Roko's body was crushed and she was talking to Lemon in simulation-space, it was specifically mentioned that her processors weren't damaged and she was still running on the same substrate - implying that it's possible for an AI to be revived on a different substrate if their processors do get damaged.

Bira

Validated User
Yup. I'm not sure it's possible to transfer instantly and wirelessly, though, at least if you're not Spookybot. So you still have to take measures to preserve Mx. Jet Fighter's substrate when they go into combat. If that gets destroyed the memory could still be salvaged, but you don't want that to be your default choice either because if we're talking "behind enemy lines" it might not be your side who does the salvaging.

Max

A dapper chap without a doubt
RPGnet Member
Validated User
FWIW, the bots in the underground robot fighting league did have armored "black boxes" (literal, IIRC).

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
So the question of the day... are they just screwing around, or do they mean it? "Yes" is an appropriate answer I think.

Cenobite

Whiteside Pawn 909
Validated User
So the question of the day... are they just screwing around, or do they mean it? "Yes" is an appropriate answer I think.
I think its about 50/50 they actually try to figure out how to have a go at it by the end of the storyline. I think the only hiccup might be May remembering Momo is hot for Sven.

Top Bottom