• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

The Sixth Questionable Content thread: attractive robots and hipsters only!

DrFaustus

Humanistic Infernalist
Validated User
I haven't signed up for the Patreon, but there's just enough green out from under the censor bar that I'd bet he's wearing the other half of that watermelon.
I have signed up for the Patreon, and you are correct.

He might be wearing the clown nose under it tho.

Ivy

it's not easy being easy
Validated User
He also had a history of lying to women to get them to sleep with him and cheating on committed romantic partners.
Did he, though? Everyone acted like he cheated on Faye, but he explicitly told her right from the start that he wasn't going to be monogamous. I kind of assumed it was a similar thing with that other girl who was briefly mad at him. I don't recall it ever being shown that he lied about his intentions with any of the various girls he was hooking up. It just seemed like everyone despised him for being slutty, really.

Cenobite

Whiteside Pawn 909
Validated User
Did he, though? Everyone acted like he cheated on Faye, but he explicitly told her right from the start that he wasn't going to be monogamous. I kind of assumed it was a similar thing with that other girl who was briefly mad at him. I don't recall it ever being shown that he lied about his intentions with any of the various girls he was hooking up. It just seemed like everyone despised him for being slutty, really.
That's correct. At worst he took advantage of his fame to get girls, but he never lied. As best I can tell, Jacques has some sort of complex about people who sleep around.

HDimagination

Building something out of Scrap
Validated User
If I remember correctly, Faye also told him that if he was unfaithful, it was definately 100% over. Her emotional state at that point (super angry) should have flagged to him that she was more invested in the relationship than she let on, and that sleeping around would hurt her emotionally. He still made that choice. If one party in the relationship wants a monogamous relationship, and the other doesn't, they both should have been grown up enough to break it off, true, but Faye doesn't exactly have the best mental health. Sven should have been grown up enough to either a) respect his partners boundries and realize that breaking them would hurt her or b) not continue the relationship.

It's worth noting that Dora's relationship with Marten broke down because she couldn't respect his boundries either, so you could say it's a family trait...

DrFaustus

Humanistic Infernalist
Validated User
That's correct. At worst he took advantage of his fame to get girls, but he never lied. As best I can tell, Jacques has some sort of complex about people who sleep around.
Recent strips suggests "had" is probably a better verb here. Sven's prior portrayals were definitely overblown and deeply uncomfortable in their hostility, but I'd suggest that the last couple strips represent a pretty clear effort to rehabilitate the character in specific and how Jeph portrays casual sex in general.

If I remember correctly, Faye also told him that if he was unfaithful, it was definately 100% over. Her emotional state at that point (super angry) should have flagged to him that she was more invested in the relationship than she let on, and that sleeping around would hurt her emotionally. He still made that choice. If one party in the relationship wants a monogamous relationship, and the other doesn't, they both should have been grown up enough to break it off, true, but Faye doesn't exactly have the best mental health. Sven should have been grown up enough to either a) respect his partners boundries and realize that breaking them would hurt her or b) not continue the relationship.

It's worth noting that Dora's relationship with Marten broke down because she couldn't respect his boundries either, so you could say it's a family trait...
We also know that Sven knew what he was doing was going to cause Faye distress, because he gets a lingering shot on his face expressing his deep mainpain before actually consummating with the woman he cheated on her with.

HDimagination

Building something out of Scrap
Validated User
We also know that Sven knew what he was doing was going to cause Faye distress, because he gets a lingering shot on his face expressing his deep mainpain before actually consummating with the woman he cheated on her with.
Exactly. You don't get a free pass on hurting some-one just because you told them that you would either.

Cenobite

Whiteside Pawn 909
Validated User
Recent strips suggests "had" is probably a better verb here. Sven's prior portrayals were definitely overblown and deeply uncomfortable in their hostility, but I'd suggest that the last couple strips represent a pretty clear effort to rehabilitate the character in specific and how Jeph portrays casual sex in general.
Maybe, but too early to say for sure.
I personally don't think its fair to call it cheating when he was up front that he doesn't do committed relationships.
Exactly. You don't get a free pass on hurting some-one just because you told them that you would either.
I think they're both to blame. Sven knew it would hurt her, but she knew the stove was hot before she touched it.

Spook

Burn the Heretic. Purge the unclean.
Validated User
JUst becasue you hurt someone doesn't make you Hitler. After all this is resorts to violence at the drop of a hat Faye, so she's not exactly some delicate angel in all this.

Top Bottom