• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

The Sixth Questionable Content thread: attractive robots and hipsters only!

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
Basilisk literally just left the police force because she didn't want to be a part of cops intimidating people.

So instead of threatening to arrest the manager herself, she's threatening to call the cops and have them arrest said manager. Using knowledge and contacts from her days as a police officer to do it. I guess that's better, but it's still not "good".
I mean, unless you're against the existence of cops in general, she's planning to bluff him that she knows what he's up to and let his guilty conscience do the rest. If she knew what he was doing that was illegal, she'd actually call the cops, because that's what you do if there's something illegal happening.

So it's not 'I'm going to have the police harass you for nothing' is my point.

Max

A dapper chap without a doubt
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Basilisk literally just left the police force because she didn't want to be a part of cops intimidating people.

So instead of threatening to arrest the manager herself, she's threatening to call the cops and have them arrest said manager. Using knowledge and contacts from her days as a police officer to do it. I guess that's better, but it's still not "good".
On one hand, sure, I can see that, but on the other, if the guy's intimidated by a threat to report his back room activities to the authorities, he should be reported to the authorities (or cease said activities).

AliasiSudonomo

Trying to be a bird
Validated User
Yes, and?

Like, even in a perfect world, with perfect oversight, I can't imagine a time a cop wouldn't make me a little nervous, because being able to make your life difficult is basically the reason they exist. It's just we hope that difficulty visits those who are engaged in illegal, socially-problematic activities, as opposed to visiting someone because they're dark of skin or live in the 'bad part of town' or the cop needs another traffic ticket to make quota that month.

Some people become cops because they imagine it's a way to help people, and they find they don't want that part of it. That's a natural thing to do.

Max

RPGnet Member
Validated User
She's middle management. Being useless is in the job description.

Snoof

Time-Travelling Layabout
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I've just noticed that Beepatrice's coworker (has their name been established yet?) has been Employee of the Month for the last nine months. Hmmm...

Max

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I've just noticed that Beepatrice's coworker (has their name been established yet?) has been Employee of the Month for the last nine months. Hmmm...
Well, consider his competition...

Top Bottom