• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

The Spooky Voodoo Home for Ungamed Characters

The Wyzard

An overwhelming surplus of diggity
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Someone on Twitter pointed out that the existence of Britney Spears implied the existence of Britney Swords, and now I have a concept for Scion or something.

Rook S.

scritches make me floof!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Brooke Shields -> Brooke Armor, too.

Keanu Reeves -> Keanu Bailiffs.

I'm gonna be thinking about this all damn day. Thanks, Wyz.

Yellow Signatory

Formerly 'Lord Stilt-Man'
Validated User
I am shocked to learn my very first ungamed character idea isn't in here.

Snorri Haraldsson, THE RED HAMMER! Is the Biggles of the of the Old World! In his famed Gyrocopter the Crimson Crucible he has had aerial battles with every manner of creature from Zombie dragons, to squadrons of Bow armed Doom Divers, Bretonnian Pegasus Knights and far more besides! His heroic exploits are the stuff of legend, of saga, of the memory of generations to come! You can hear these tales of daring do and aerobatic amazement for the mere price of a mug of ale and a meal.

But should you have more coin, enough for a small donation to fix the Crimson Crucible shot down in Imperial lands then he'd surely return with it to safeguard your village from all manner of threats! At least, so he tells everyone, and rather convincingly too. He is a blaggard, boaster, and bastard of the highest order with a silver tongue and a highly flamboyant pilot's helmet.

He was of course tough to play before as WFRP games where you could choose your starting career were rare, and Dwarfen Fellowship was not great. Perhaps it's easier in the newest WFRP, lord knows I'd buy it for certain were that true.

Yellow Signatory

Formerly 'Lord Stilt-Man'
Validated User
Since playing the 40k version of Talisman I have a hankering to play a Sister of Battle with a Force Sword and a Lightning claw. I have no idea if that's canonically possible but I need it in my life

The Wyzard

An overwhelming surplus of diggity
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I have a concept for a Green Lantern I'd like to play in a supers game.

He was a librarian in the late 1930s, a huge fan of detective stories, and was recruited as an intelligence analyst throughout WWII. He wanted desperately to be a field agent and a spy, but A) Wasn't considered physically suitable and B) knew too much to risk being captured. So he was never sent to the Netherlands or France to work as a field agent or part of the resistance, even though he desperately wanted to be. Post-war, he was chosen by a ring, which cured his physical infirmities. He worked briefly as a lantern before he was accidentally frozen in spacecraft's cryo-pods. He has recently been thawed out. He's vastly out of his place in history, but he's trying to make a go of it.

In general, in terms of his "vibe," he's using the ring to live out his dream of being a spy or detective, but writ large. His version of the costume is like The Spirit, but all in green. He carries a snub-nosed plasma pistol as a backup piece. His energy constructs have an air of the fanciful and dramatic, because he's drawing from the huge amounts of fiction he consumed.

I like this concept because it's a story about reinvention - being "transported" 70 or 80 years into the future, nobody knows who he is, and he has that magic wishing ring. He's pretending to be a version of what he always wanted to be (a hard-bitten gumshoe, but in space!) and trying to make it the truth.

Shawn_Hagen

Shawnya the Evil?
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I was reading Koyomimonogatari Vol 2 and after Kanbaru mentioning Schrodinger's Pussycats I want to play a Masks Joined by that name.

And also for Masks I want to play a pastiche of Riika from Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions. I am delighted by the idea of everyone trying to tell her to be a 'normal' hero, trying to push her weird down while she refused to break and keeps pushing it up! Fear Schwarz Sechs Prototype MkII

Top Bottom