• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

The Thread Where We Talk About Borderlands 2 While We Wait For Borderlands 3

SpaceNinja

Validated User
Looking back, I'm a little surprised that I wasn't especially disappointed by The Destroyer but I really didn't have an issue with it. Still don't, really. I think that I fit in with the very loose plot nicely enough. The whole core game wasn't especially strong on plot, so random eldritch abomination seemed as good as any other thing.
From what I've heard, a lot of the end game story had to be scrapped due to deadlines. Which I really felt in the game. Basically, nothing was known about Steele. She could've been a boss herself, seeing how was a siren but ended anti-climactically.

I'm getting close to the endgame of TVH mode in my first BL2 playthrough in years, and I don't recall it being nearly this frustrating before. I'm level 51, and just finished Sawtooth Cauldron. The regular mobs seem to be able to take down my shields in only 1-2 hits, and number of heavy hitters that the game is throwing at me seems a little... excessive. Nearly every raider pack seems to include a couple of Heavy Nomads, and/or Blaster Goliaths, which might not one-shot me, but come awfully close. My turret use to be able to draw fire long enough, but now the big guys just one-shot it and move on to me. Combat was always frantic, but it's just gotten to ridiculous levels. I just don't recall this level of frustration until I got to UVH mode in the past. Should I just be grinding for a better shield?
Grind for a better shield and weapons. Try re-specing as well. If you have golden keys, level 50-55 is ideal to use them. In TVHM and UVHM you should be using weapons that are really close to your level. Everything that's 5 levels below your level will just drag you down.

Kovbasa

Validated User
From what I've heard, a lot of the end game story had to be scrapped due to deadlines. Which I really felt in the game. Basically, nothing was known about Steele. She could've been a boss herself, seeing how was a siren but ended anti-climactically.
Was it ever confirmed in canon that Steele was a Siren? I know that her character model was originally supposed to be used for Lilith, hence the tattoos, but I don't recall her doing anything Siren-like in the game, and I don't recall hearing anything official from the designers about her being a Siren.

Grind for a better shield and weapons. Try re-specing as well. If you have golden keys, level 50-55 is ideal to use them. In TVHM and UVHM you should be using weapons that are really close to your level. Everything that's 5 levels below your level will just drag you down.
Thanks. I just got a level 48 corrosive Bitch which, while being a few levels lower than I'd like, is still a beautiful thing. I don't think that I've ever had one drop before, and I've never been a huge fan of Hyperion weapons before, but this thing was great for the first part of the Arid Nexus.

As far as shields go, I'm surprised at how difficult it is to find something stronger than what I've currently got (which isn't great). I usually avoid Turtle shields, but may have to find one.

SpaceNinja

Validated User
Was it ever confirmed in canon that Steele was a Siren? I know that her character model was originally supposed to be used for Lilith, hence the tattoos, but I don't recall her doing anything Siren-like in the game, and I don't recall hearing anything official from the designers about her being a Siren.
Randy Pitchford somewhat confirmed it. I'm not sure whether the Siren is needed to assemble the key, but if it is, that confirms it 100%.

Thanks. I just got a level 48 corrosive Bitch which, while being a few levels lower than I'd like, is still a beautiful thing. I don't think that I've ever had one drop before, and I've never been a huge fan of Hyperion weapons before, but this thing was great for the first part of the Arid Nexus.

As far as shields go, I'm surprised at how difficult it is to find something stronger than what I've currently got (which isn't great). I usually avoid Turtle shields, but may have to find one.
Yeah, farming a good shield is the most annoying, if you ask me. I generally farm for the Bee from Treants in Tiny Tina DLC. You can also get it from Hunter Hellquist in Arid Nexus Boneyard.

Ghola

Veteran of 100k psychic wars
Validated User
Randy Pitchford somewhat confirmed it. I'm not sure whether the Siren is needed to assemble the key, but if it is, that confirms it 100%.

Yeah, farming a good shield is the most annoying, if you ask me. I generally farm for the Bee from Treants in Tiny Tina DLC. You can also get it from Hunter Hellquist in Arid Nexus Boneyard.
I don't have actual math to back this up but I seemed to have better luck with Hunter in the past and I don't farm much.

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
So at this point we've have seen only one of Siren incarnation by my count:

We have a seen:
-Lilith
- Steele
- Maya
- Angel
- Amara.

Steele and Angel new incarnations are at this point probably juts kids (New Steele might be Tween).
So yeah by my math only one more.

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User

We have a seen:
-Lilith
- Steele
- Maya
- Angel
- Amara.

Steele and Angel new incarnations are at this point probably juts kids (New Steele might be Tween).
Tyreen. That's all six.

SpaceNinja

Validated User

We have a seen:
-Lilith
- Steele
- Maya
- Angel
- Amara.

The main villain, Tyreen, is the newest known Siren. There could be two more to replace Angel and Steele, though.

Gogmagog

Validated User
I am now imagining a baby siren riding Blast Master style on the back of a Giant Mutant(With the pop up skulls) blasting things

Sjogre

Validated User
Are there only six Sirens at time because of some cosmic limit, or were there only six known sirens? Because I wasn't clear on whether they only knew about six or if there only could be six.

Top Bottom