• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

The Thread Where We Talk About Borderlands 2 While We Wait For Borderlands 3

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Are there only six Sirens at time because of some cosmic limit, or were there only six known sirens? Because I wasn't clear on whether they only knew about six or if there only could be six.
Six ayt one time by some cosmic limit.

peaseblossom

talented amateur
Validated User
We (my husband, kids, and I) are replaying the whole series. Well, we just played Borderlands for the first time as a family, and have now just started a replay of B2. In previous playthroughs of the game I’ve mostly played Maya, usually as a support character. This time we’ve decided we don’t need any support, so I’m trying out Zero. Anyone have any tips? Probably going to do mostly sniper, but I’m willing to mess around with other builds.

Victim

Validated User
The melee build is apparently really hard until you get the capstone, but is apparently amazing in a "non interactive" way once it has it.

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User
I'm reminded of a minor peeve I have with this and other DLC heavy games of the past decade: the in-game advertising for said DLC on opening screens. Now I don't blame them for putting it there; what I would really like is for the ad script to recognize the stuff I already have and stop asking me to buy it! Maybe put in a congrats message for owning everything. At least switch it to advertising for BL3 instead.

Kovbasa

Validated User
I've always found that a little annoying (like you said - it's a minor peeve), but I'll happily take that over an in-game NPC with a quest marker over its head telling you to buy the DLC. I'm looking at you, Dragon Age.

I hit level 52 with my Commando and discovered something that I didn't realize: Level 52 isn't the base level cap. I know that this is incredibly obvious to other players, but I'd forgotten what the cap was. When I stopped playing my main playthroughs with Maya & Gaige, Maya was at level 52 and I guess when I started playing again I just assumed that I'd maxed out her level (I stopped playing shortly after Dragon's Keep came out). In reality, I'd just given up on her because I really wasn't having fun in UVH mode.

Long story short: I swapped back to Maya, did a slight respec, and went back to run through Dragon's Keep on TVH mode, because for some reason I never ran through it a second time with her. I suspect that's because, despite being massively overleveled for my first playthrough of the DLC, I was constantly dying due to being knocked back off of cliffs (I love that DLC, but the amount of "fight enemies with knockback effects while near a cliff" is ridiculous).

Anyhow, dear god, I'd forgotten how much I love Phaselock. Tossing enemies around the battlefield is all kinds of fun. And the buff to Cloudkill is kinda amazing - in some cases, it's too good. I had to respec a few times to remove it just to complete objectives that require me to kill enemies in specific ways. I'm really curious as to how effective it'll be when I go back to UVH mode.

Catfish

Abominable Caftan
Validated User
We (my husband, kids, and I) are replaying the whole series. Well, we just played Borderlands for the first time as a family, and have now just started a replay of B2. In previous playthroughs of the game I’ve mostly played Maya, usually as a support character. This time we’ve decided we don’t need any support, so I’m trying out Zero. Anyone have any tips? Probably going to do mostly sniper, but I’m willing to mess around with other builds.
Sniping: The most reliable skill is One Shot One Kill. The damage bonus is huge and all it asks is that you use a low capacity weapon. The most powerful skill is Bore, but it requires farming specific drops. A safe and effective tree to specialize in if you enjoy using sniper rifles; a good tree to put points into for One Shot One Kill if you plan on combining a shotgun or Infinity pistol with skills in the other two trees.

Cunning: Death Mark and Ambush are great in groups. Innervate is a decent way to keep yourself alive. Two Fang and Death Blossom are both very strong. Cunning tends to be a safe tree to put points in no matter what your Zero is doing.

Bloodshed: The melee tree. The key skills are Killing Blow, Backstab, and Execute. If you don't plan on specializing in melee you may find it useful to dip in here for Grim and Followthrough. Playing Zero as a melee character is effective, but risky, and normally depends on having a good Roid shield.

Kovbasa

Validated User
Yeah, farming a good shield is the most annoying, if you ask me. I generally farm for the Bee from Treants in Tiny Tina DLC. You can also get it from Hunter Hellquist in Arid Nexus Boneyard.
Decided to take this advice with my Siren, since I'm going to try UVH mode again. I ran through the Forest a few times for the Bee since I'm still grinding Mimics for the challenge and they seem to spawn relatively reliably there as well. Only took a couple of runs to find one.

I'll admit, my I'm a little concerned about its defensive capabilities. I was running with a level 50 purple adaptive shield, and the level 50 Bee only has about half the shield capacity. I can't argue with the offensive output, though. I'm on to farming a suitable Hornet and Unkempt Harold now (I did get one Hornet to drop from Knuckledragger, but it's a level higher than me. It also looks like I may level up before I get another one to drop). After that, I may look at trying to get back to the Forest on UVH to try to get a better Bee. Any good suggestions for a fire weapon to farm for? I'm currently using Logan's Gun and finding it a bit lacking.

Dave999

Validated User
Borderlands as a setting makes a lot more sense if you realize it's a cyberpunk one set on Tatooine.

So what all makes Jack so hate able? Loads of other characters(Including the allied ones) engage in plenty of backstabbing,creepy behavior(Scooter), setting up murders(Looking at you Marcus), zero regard/foresight for fallout and tend to get 'Oh you scamp.' The only ones I really find 'good' are Roland,Hammerlock,Claptrap and Karima from Overlook.
Handsome Jack is basically comining Lex Luthor, Emperor Palpatine, and a douchy fratbro into one single awesome character. It's like someone made Sterling Archer and Biff Tannen into the head of OCP/Weyland Yutani.

Only played Borderlands 2 so I guess I have missed stuff. Seems to be the designated punching bag of everyone and is just one crossed wire away from going full AM on everyone.
Borderlands 1 is a game that I didn't like but the DLC are awesome and they, yes, include Claptrap having already gone AM on everyone.

Last edited:

peaseblossom

talented amateur
Validated User
Thanks for the advice, everyone! I honestly might switch to melee once we level up a bit, because I’m playing with a Gaige, a Krieg, and a Salvador, so sniping is of limited usefulness when they all run screaming at the enemy.

Top Bottom