• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

The Thread Where We Talk About Borderlands 2 While We Wait For Borderlands 3

Capellan

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I haven't finished it yet, but I do seem to have got over the initial "everything is a bullet sponge" hump, thanks to a couple of nice weapon drops from the UrAnus (which, ironically, was actually a laughably easy fight).

Tyrmatfrage

Validated User
I haven't finished it yet, but I do seem to have got over the initial "everything is a bullet sponge" hump, thanks to a couple of nice weapon drops from the UrAnus (which, ironically, was actually a laughably easy fight).
My headcanon is that Tiny Tina’s laughing at its name was a powerful debuff

Alex_P

the cat respecter
Validated User
It's amazing how much replayability the game has considering how little content it actually has.
The Pre-Sequel did kind of a cute thing where the narration changes on subsequent play-throughs (Tina walks in and they have to retell the whole frame story from the beginning, with way more chatter and interjections). It doesn't exactly solve the repetitiousness but at least there's some novelty.

I also think a bit of backtracking is quite satisfying — I love the combined feeling of knowledge and rediscovery — but the structure could be a *lot* more developed than "do main story to introduce area, immediately get a pile of tiny quests to backtrack in the same area."

My main frustration with the series is that the level system and the co-op system don't mix well: casual drop-in/drop-out play is all we can really do in my circle of friends, and the astronomical numeric gap between stats as you level means you can spend a lot of time feeling like you're not really playing the game. ("Starting another character for co-op" has limited effectiveness because it's not just a matter of not "playing ahead" — everyone's done bits and pieces at their own pace, and the least active players still play a bit solo but gain the most satisfaction when they're not stuck repeating stuff they've already done. It'd be nicer to have some built-in "level scaling" or just cut the mega-damage numbers.)

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User
My main frustration with the series is that the level system and the co-op system don't mix well: casual drop-in/drop-out play is all we can really do in my circle of friends, and the astronomical numeric gap between stats as you level means you can spend a lot of time feeling like you're not really playing the game. ("Starting another character for co-op" has limited effectiveness because it's not just a matter of not "playing ahead" — everyone's done bits and pieces at their own pace, and the least active players still play a bit solo but gain the most satisfaction when they're not stuck repeating stuff they've already done. It'd be nicer to have some built-in "level scaling" or just cut the mega-damage numbers.)
It looks like 3 will be leaning into that, hard. :)

Castille

MetaTemporal Adventurer
Validated User
A friend & I have just finished the main BL2 storyline together as Maya & Zero. It just wasn't fun at all solo on the last few missions. We're currently doing Dragon Keep and while it is fun... some parts really aren't. Bosses/badasses are ridiculous to get through. I think one fight I respawned over a dozen times to the tune of $50,000 and running out of all ammo twice. I'm a little miffed that phaselock doesn't affect the big foes :( Mind you, it seems like the latest update for BL2 fixed the ridiculous over-powered foes thing when teaming up which was nice. It just doesn't apply to the DLC?
Anyway, we're also wandering through the Pre-Sequel solo & will be teaming up there from time to time so we can complete it before we start BL3. I think someone mentioned that the Pre-Sequel is necessary so we know who some of the NPCs are. Or is that Tales from the Borderlands?

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I think someone mentioned that the Pre-Sequel is necessary so we know who some of the NPCs are. Or is that Tales from the Borderlands?
BL3 will include charaters from both (well technically Athena is from BL1, but Aurelia is from the Pre-sequel).
Commander Lilith includes characters for ToBL.
And ToBL includes a character death that is pretty explicitly mentioned in Commender.

Top Bottom