• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

The waiting game (games preordered and backed on Kickstarter)

Katsue

Young Witch
Validated User
I mean this as a kind of companion thread to the "Games you've last played" thread, where we talk about upcoming games, general Kickstarter/preorder stuff, and the experience of waiting for long periods of time and then being vaguely disappointed (or whatever) when the game finally arrives.

Anyway, here is a no doubt incomplete list of what I'm waiting for, in the order I sort of expect them in:

Villains of the Multiverse, an expansion for Sentinels of the Multiverse, along with oversized Villain cards, Chokepoint, and The Celestial Tribunal
Liberty or Death: the American Insurrection, the 5th volume in the COIN series
Mare Nostrum: Empires, by Academy Games, a kind of technology-less civilisation game
Pixel Tactics Deluxe (plus Pixel Tactics 4 and Pixel Tactics 5), by Level 99 Games
Falling Sky, the Gallic Revolt Against Caesar, the 6th volume in the COIN series
Sentinel Tactics: Broken City and Sentinel Tactics: For Profit
Millenium Blades - The CCG-Simulator Board Game, by Level 99 Games
1846: The Race to the Midwest, 1846-1935, by GMT Games (part of the 18xx series)
Comancheria: The Rise and Fall of the Comanche Empire, by GMT Games
Exceed - Card Fighting Evolution, by Level 99 Games
Mr. President, by GMT Games
Gloom of Kilforth, a non-legacy style adventure/RPG game
Gloomhaven, a legacy style adventure/RPG game
Spirit Island, a coop game by Greaterthangames
Colonial Twilight: The French-Algernian War 1954-1962, the 7th volume in the COIN series, and the first to be a two-player game
Invierno Cubano: Castro's Counterinsurgency 1959-1965, an expansion for Cuba Libre

Navajo Wars, by GMT Games (hasn't made the cut, don't really expect it to)

When I look at it like that, there's an awful lot of it. In the category of games I haven't already preordered/backed, but am still waiting for:

Eclipse: Shadow of the Rift, an expansion for Eclipse, was out at Essen
Stand-alone Dead of Winter expansion, name as yet unknown to me
Pendragon - The Fall of Roman Britain, the putative 8th volume in the COIN series, not yet on P500, but apparently will be in 2-4 months

Last edited:

Thornhammer

More Ullish in Hue
Validated User
I have two games on "customer pre-order" from Legion Games.

One is "Target For Today", which is an updated version of the classic B-17 Queen of the Skies, including two versions of the B-17 and the B-24. Only needs four more preorders to hit production quantity, and you don't have to pay until the game is ready to ship. The other is B-26 The Marauder Strikes, which is a more advanced version of the above.

-Thornhammer

Last edited:

durecellrabbit

Validated User
I'm not waiting for much. I think everything except for Song of Blades should come this year.

Ninja All-Stars - Skirmish miniature/boardgame.
Song of Blades: Hammer and Forge - Skirmish miniature game. Just in it for the updated rulebook.
Maelstrom's Edge: Platoon Sci Fi miniature game. Only in it for the .pdf rulebook to see if I like it.
Dragon Rampant - Preordered not a kickstarter. Fantasy version of Lion Rampant.
Frostgrave Thaw of the Lich Lord

Crumbs

Validated User
I'm just waiting on the print copy of the intercept zero rules. There's been a PDF of it for awhile but I ordered it for my nephew so it's ok that it's taken awhile since he doesn't know about it yet.

I've skipped a lot of the boardgame kickstarters since Lagoon as most of them haven't really grabbed me and have been delayed anyways that it just makes sense to get it on amazon.

sybrid

Social Justice Druid
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm waiting on a few things. I'm going to list them like they are in my KS tracker, which is by their original announced release date.

Expansions for Kingdom Death: Monster I think this is actually coming sometime early next year? This is probably the thing I am the most excited about, because I am currently totally in love with KD:M.
Drakerys (Maybe end of December?) It's a fantasy miniature skirmish game. Sounded intriguing at the time and I liked the concept art
Red Flags (not sure) It's a silly card party game
Dungeon Saga (it's on a boat to the US) I'm pretty excited by this, although with KD:M here I think it may end up being 'that other long campaign fantasy game we could be playing but aren't'
Blood Rage (Not sure if it is on a boat yet) Basically Norse Chaos in the Old World, by a/the designer behind Chaos in the Old World
B-Sieged (Haven't heard anything about this recently - it's supposed to be coming next month) Co-op game about holding off a siege and ensuring a messenger can get out and back
Ninja All-Stars Skirmish boardgame about rival ninja clans. Adorable.
Mangaka Game about drawing manga as according to cards.
Zombicide: Black Plague Another season of Zombicide. I liked the changes they made to the rules.
Deadzone Infestation Sci-Fi miniatures skirmish board game about space people fighting other space people, some of these space people are rat people
Knot Dice This is actually a gift
Endless: Fantasy Tactics Gaiden Another kickstarter for basically "final fantasy tactics as a miniatures game".

Last edited:

Stryke

Bang and a Boom
Validated User
Just some miniatures for me from Toughest Girls of the Galaxy 2: Lightness & Dark. Going to be a long time before I do another full on KS game after Sedition Wars.

Calliope

Super Moderator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I've got a few, but there's even more that I regret not backing (I'm looking at you, Kingdom Death: Monster) and a few more that I put a placeholder pledge on in case I wanted to go all-in later.

Gloomhaven, a legacy style adventure/RPG game
Did a placeholder bid on this one. I'll probably go all-in once the pledge manager goes live, though.

Spirit Island, a coop game by Greaterthangames
Didn't back it, though I wish I did.

Stand-alone Dead of Winter expansion, name as yet unknown to me
Yeah, I'm curious what this one is gonna look like.

B-Sieged (Haven't heard anything about this recently - it's supposed to be coming next month) Co-op game about holding off a siege and ensuring a messenger can get out and back
I actually did pledge for this one. Unfortunately, due to some production issues, it looks like it's been delayed until January or so.

Zombicide: Black Plague Another season of Zombicide. I liked the changes they made to the rules.
Yep, waiting for this one, too.

Other things I backed that I'm waiting for:
Salvation Road, a post-apocalyptic survival game.
The KS exclusive stuff (Meeples etc.) for the reprinting of Hostage Negotiator.

Things I have placeholder pledges on:
Lobotomy - a scenario-driven horror game.
The Others: 7 Sins - uh...another scenario-driven horror game, this one from CMON.

Things I wish I had backed, but didn't for whatever reason, so now I'm just waiting for their release at retail:
The Conan board game - though I may ultimately skip this one due to the sheer number of KS exclusives I won't be able to get + the fact that I don't really need another Descent-style "1 v everyone" game.
Apocrypha - apocalyptic horror card game/RPG hybrid in the style of the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game.
Defenders of the Last Stand - post-apocalyptic re-imagining of Defenders of the Realm.
Human Interface: Nakamura Tower - held off on this one due to skepticism about the rules, but the minis look gorgeous.
Project: ELITE - real-time co-op game. Sort of glad I held off, due to the current production problems with the minis, but it still looks like a solid design.

Still might back if my willpower gives out:
Super Dungeon Explore 2nd
The 7th Continent - exploration/survival game with a CYOA aspect

sybrid

Social Justice Druid
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Just some miniatures for me from Toughest Girls of the Galaxy 2: Lightness & Dark. Going to be a long time before I do another full on KS game after Sedition Wars.
Oh man, if we are also counting miniatures kickstarters, I'd also have Creature Caster and TGG2 as well.

And if we're counting kickstarters that haven't finished then yeah I'm totally in on this too.

...I don't have an addiction problem why are you looking at me like that.

Last edited:

Geoffrey21

Don't say, just cool.
Validated User
I backed a game called Zero Hour, a card game about creepypasta like Slenderman stealing olde timey children's souls. Backed it in July 2013. It's expected delivery was February 2014. Supposedly it's in the last phases of shipping now and people are receiving them. I wanted to try it cause it looked like something maybe my wife would play with me and I was kind of excited by it at the time but at this point I am so blah about it. It will likely end up unused on a shelf. Everything else I have kickstarted or indiegogoed or whatever has arrived.

Top Bottom