The waiting game (games preordered and backed on Kickstarter)

Crumbs

Validated User
Hereos of land, air and sea showed up today which puts it two weeks ahead of original date.

Island of El Dorado is starting the shipping process today as well which makes it two months early.

So far the worst delay I have is kung fu panda at two months but by kickstarter standards that is on time.

vitus979

RPGnet Member
Validated User
So far the worst delay I have is kung fu panda at two months but by kickstarter standards that is on time.
For my board game Kickstarters the longest overdue one is Quodd Heroes, which is 2 years and 4 months overdue. The shipping should be in the next few weeks though.

durecellrabbit

Validated User
The War and Empire Dark Age kickstarter is now in the ordering phase with a deliver date around June, about 6 months late. My original of being able to get an Arab Conquest army and something else looks like it will no longer work for the amount I pledge.

If I put in extra I'll be able to get an Arab army from the Conquest up to Abbasids. They've also done a surprise addition of Ghaznavids so if the Ghulams are suitable (No pictures for them yet) I can extend it to the later Dynasties that used a lot of Ghulams although the Arabs will start falling behind in shield fashion.

Erstwhile

Turn-based
Validated User
I was mildly annoyed that I backed Beat the Boss and still haven't received it despite it now being available on DrivethruRPG. The price is the same so had I not backed it, I could've just waited, bought it retail, and in the end got it several days earlier.

But, eh, I got over it. Still waiting (more patiently).

Crumbs

Validated User
The Island of El Dorado arrivied saturday. Cracked it open and it is a pretty game. It is not going to win any awards for gameplay but for a fairly random outcome game it is decent. I feel like $85 for the base game and expansion I got my monies worth.

Mapache

Trickster God
Validated User
Since last time, I've received:
  • Inoka - Basically a deck of Rock, Paper, Scissors, but with nice art and $9 including shipping.
  • The Neverland Rescue - Asymmetrical game of bluffing and deduction. The Captain Hook side is notably harder than the Peter Pan side. It's decent, has high production values, and my six-year-old likes it, mostly as Peter Pan, but occasionally as Hook, too.
  • Village Pillage - Chaotic, simple game of second-guessing with fun art that my six-year old enjoys being able to win at.
  • Cthulhu Wars Onslaught 3 - Yet more stuff. This game has the problem that I really like it, but due to the not-so-minis it's huge, so I never transport it anywhere, and I don't play this style of game at home. The individual boxes have tons of wasted space. I should see if I can pack it all into a dedicated Cthuitcase.
New Backings:
  • Jabberwocky - A multiple-card-games-in-one-box thing from the folks that did The Lady and the Tiger
  • Root: The Underworld Expansion - Root is just such a good game, and I can't say no to more factions.
  • Dracula’s Feast: New Blood - I'd eyed the original version of this social deduction game when it came out, and a cleaned up edition sounded good.
  • Millennium Blades: Collusion - I like the game, but haven't even come close to exploring all the expansion sets I already have, and was on the fence until I saw it included a storage solution for the base game and the previous expansion.
Still waiting on:

Somewhat Delayed:
  • Dragon Keepers - Supposedly late April-early May
  • Empyreal: Spells & Steam - Officially bumped to July
  • Vast: The Mysterious Manor
Not Yet Expected:
  • The Shipwreck Arcana: Stars Below
  • Blood Rage Digital w/ new minis
  • Phoenix Syndicate
  • Spirit Island: Jagged Earth
  • The Ancient World (2nd Edition)
  • Pax Pamir: Second Edition
  • Trogdor!! The Board Game
Riding the Petersen Games Delay Boat:
  • Glorantha: The Gods War - Supposedly sitting in a warehouse somewhere, with some regions other than the US starting to receive theirs already.

Last edited:

awaddie

Validated User
Riding the Petersen Games Delay Boat:
  • Glorantha: The Gods War - Supposedly sitting in a warehouse somewhere, with some regions other than the US starting to receive theirs already.
Europe was supposedly getting address confirmation last week - no email last week, so fingers crossed for this week.

Does anyone know what happens with a Kickstarter item if the customs duty/regulations change between the "ordering" and the delivery (leaving aside that the items are not originating from the EU) - am I going to get hit with additional customs duty if the UK crashes out next month?

Crumbs

Validated User
Europe was supposedly getting address confirmation last week - no email last week, so fingers crossed for this week.

Does anyone know what happens with a Kickstarter item if the customs duty/regulations change between the "ordering" and the delivery (leaving aside that the items are not originating from the EU) - am I going to get hit with additional customs duty if the UK crashes out next month?

No one knows for sure which is why the Hellboy kickstarter is shipping to europe and the uk first.

Top Bottom