The waiting game (games preordered and backed on Kickstarter)

Breogan

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I have lost all hope to getting Cerebria; not a kickstarter, because I bought it when it was released, and it took months for the distributor to tell my FLGS that they were going to send it, they sent a box with several games and a manifest saying it was inside... and it wasnt, and then several weeks of no clarity and now it is "well... we dont have any now, so if you want to wait".

No man, I dont want to wait. Give me my money back. I dont know if I'm going to get the game some other way, but at this point I'm bummed.

Crumbs

Validated User
7th Continent: What Goes Up Must Come Down is on the ships, so about a month of Pacific crossing plus shipping from Jacksonville. (Why the US-bound ship has to go through the Canal and not drop stuff off in California, I have no idea.)

Probably because the fulfillment company used in shipping is on the east coast and logistically/financially it makes little sense to offload in california only to overland ship to them. Pretty sure it still only takes a week tops to sail from LA florida which is about how long it takes to make the trip over land so no time is lost but costs are cut.

Crumbs

Validated User
I have lost all hope to getting Cerebria; not a kickstarter, because I bought it when it was released, and it took months for the distributor to tell my FLGS that they were going to send it, they sent a box with several games and a manifest saying it was inside... and it wasnt, and then several weeks of no clarity and now it is "well... we dont have any now, so if you want to wait".

No man, I dont want to wait. Give me my money back. I dont know if I'm going to get the game some other way, but at this point I'm bummed.

If you have facebook my friend is selling his KS Cerebria with painted minis for $125 his name is Wes Ferrer. Send him a PM it might not have sold yet.

Odds are he only played it a few times. He keeps his collection tight so sells frequently and if you look has an excellent reputation as a seller.

Crumbs

Validated User
Quodd Heroes shipped today. This is going to be a good week getting two games and my tax refund which will be spent on March of Ants.

Breogan

RPGnet Member
Validated User
If you have facebook my friend is selling his KS Cerebria with painted minis for $125 his name is Wes Ferrer. Send him a PM it might not have sold yet.

Odds are he only played it a few times. He keeps his collection tight so sells frequently and if you look has an excellent reputation as a seller.
Sorry, didnt answer this. I'm not looking for that right now.

Mainly because I'm broke right now (stuff with the car). But I'll take it into account if/when things look better.

Crumbs

Validated User
Sorry, didnt answer this. I'm not looking for that right now.

Mainly because I'm broke right now (stuff with the car). But I'll take it into account if/when things look better.

No worries just wanted to let you know in case it was an option you might have been able to pursue. Us boardgamers got help each other out.

vitus979

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Quodd Heroes shipped today. This is going to be a good week getting two games and my tax refund which will be spent on March of Ants.
Well, that means I have 3 games that are in the shipping phase that I have not yet received tracking numbers for. :(

Stork!

Wish I was a hippo.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles is delayed in Canada because Starlit Citadel is shutting down? But maybe only their physical store, not their distribution side? It's a little confusing.

Also a weird mini-scandal developing with Golden Bell games who are partnered with the creator of Unbroken for distribution. Apparently a mistake has been made with the shipping cost (although it's not clear yet what exactly the mistake entails) and they are offering fans who pre-ordered after the kickstarter an opportunity to donate a pile of money to make up the difference in what they were charged and what shipping actually is. Whatever the mistake was (underestimated price, price went up, wrong price was charged) I'm sympathetic to asking for donations, although phrasing it as an offer is so weird and offputting. Now though someone on BGG is reporting a weird series of emails where they got mad at being asked and the CEO of the company angrily wrote them back threatening to move their shipment to last in the queue. Such weird dramas.

I was a kickstarter backer so mine should be showing up soon. I'm also very excited for 7th Continent and glad I didn't bother with shipping waves. Although I missed an opportunity to sell the miscut cards, apparently.

Top Bottom