• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

The waiting game (games preordered and backed on Kickstarter)

vitus979

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Six month review time. A lot of old content I've been waiting for has been received.

Fulfilled
  • Earthdawn 4e RPG [Nov 2014]
  • Wraith 20th Anniversary RPG [Nov 2015]
  • Quodd Heroes [Nov 2017]
  • Firenze [Nov 2018]
  • Welcome to... [Mar 2019]
  • Thunderstone Quest expansion [Apr 2019]
  • Ancient World Second Edition [Jun 2019]
  • Escape Plan [Jun 2019]

Overdue from 2019
  • 7th Continent [Mar 2018] (I will receive in the next week)
  • Things From the Flood RPG [Feb 2019] (I will receive in the next week)
  • Alhambra Designer Edition [Mar 2019] (on the boat I believe)
  • Snowdonia Deluxe [May 2019] (on the boat)
  • Edge of Darkness [Jun 2019] (on the boat, due to be delivered in August)
Projects waiting for 2019
  • Reign Second Edition [Aug 2019]
  • BattleCon Unleashed [Aug 2019]
  • Blood Rage Digital [Aug 2019] (includes numerous add-ons for the physical game)
  • Valley of the Kings Premium [Aug 2019]
  • Tidal Blades - Heroes of the Reef [Oct 2019]
  • Trinity Continuum: Aeon RPG [Oct 2019]
  • Suburbia Collector's Edition [Oct 2019]
  • On Mars [Oct 2019]
  • Project Elite [Nov 2019]
  • Terraforming Mars: Turmoil [Nov 2019]
  • Carnival Zombies 2e [Nov 2019]
  • Manhattan Project: Energy Empire: Cold War Expansion [Nov 2019]
  • Exalted 3e: Dragon Blooded: What Fire Has Wrought RPG [Dec 2019]
  • Root: the Underworld Expansion [December 2019]
Projects waiting for 2020
  • Cleopatra and the Society of Architects 2e [Mar 2020]
  • They Came from Beneath the Sea! RPG [Aug 2020]
  • Exalted 3e: Lunars: Fangs at the Gate RPG [December 2020]

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User
As noted in the main 7th Continent thread, my package arrived today, two days early. There is much sleeving and sorting in my future.

vitus979

RPGnet Member
Validated User
As noted in the main 7th Continent thread, my package arrived today, two days early. There is much sleeving and sorting in my future.
After reading your post I checked Fedex and mine was delivered today, but it was delivered to my old address. After rushing to pick it up from my old apartment building and unboxing it I realized I had to resleeve all the cards. Ooof that took awhile.

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User
After reading your post I checked Fedex and mine was delivered today, but it was delivered to my old address. After rushing to pick it up from my old apartment building and unboxing it I realized I had to resleeve all the cards. Ooof that took awhile.
Order of operations, for me:

-Unpack and sleeve the replacement core set, putting it into the trays while packing the old core set into the replacement set box for potential trade or ebaying; remembering to filter out the BGG promos

-In the final phase, carefully recreate the current saved game state with new cards and unsleeve/pack the old

-Begin sleeving and sorting the expansions

Quendalon

shit just got cute
Validated User
The Shipwreck Arcana arrived on Friday; I played a couple of games with one of my roommates over the weekend, and it was fun and well-balanced. The cards' tarot styling adds a ton of flavor to what might otherwise be relatively dry number-deduction gameplay. So far it's my favorite of the board/card games I've backed.

Stork!

Wish I was a hippo.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The Shipwreck Arcana arrived on Friday; I played a couple of games with one of my roommates over the weekend, and it was fun and well-balanced. The cards' tarot styling adds a ton of flavor to what might otherwise be relatively dry number-deduction gameplay. So far it's my favorite of the board/card games I've backed.
That was one of my best impulse-buy, cheap kickstarters. It's a fantastic game although I would only play it with very specific people. You have to be serious about puzzles.

Crumbs

Validated User
My copy of Tiny Epic Mechs is shipping. Gamelyn games once again delievering early and setting the example that proper planning can result in campaigns not having massive delays.

Mapache

Trickster God
Validated User
Since last time, I've received:
  • Dragon Keepers - Decent co-op dice-rolling and simultaneous-card-play game. My kid likes it. Even on the lowest difficulty, it's still quite hard, though.
  • The Shipwreck Arcana: Stars Below - Just received this five-card expansion with some wackier abilities, several months early.
  • The Ancient World (2nd Edition) - Polished up version of Ryan Laukat's earlier attempt. Haven't actually gotten to play it yet.
  • Pax Pamir: Second Edition - Just got this accessible Pax game by the designer of Root last week and managed to play it on it Monday with a full five players. It's a complex game with lots of moving parts and lots of ways to change the state. The key parts are that you buy cards from a tableau and play them, and can activate actions on the cards, but you only have two actions per turn, though actions on cards of the favored suit don't count against that. Money is a closed-loop and very tight, as are the cards-in-play and hand limits. Meanwhile, you're jockeying for the relative positions of three coalitions and your favor relative to other players in that coalition, but none of that matters if the coalition isn't winning by enough, in which case only your number of personal pieces out counts, as you struggle to score in each of the game's periodic scoring events. Board and card positions are very fluid, and if you're in a fragile state, the Overthrow rule can wipe out a lot of your presence in a single blow. It supports long-range planning and combos, but it's very tactical and rewards preparing yourself for opportunities that may or may not come, and timing is critically important. There's a lot of depth in the mechanics and interactions that make me appreciate their elegance, and it left me wanting to play again and develop mastery.
  • Glorantha: The Gods War - Finally got this, and I like the gameplay a lot. It feels like a more refined Cthulhu Wars, with which it shares about 80% of the rules. I think it learned from its predecessor and smooths over some bumps the first had. The minis are good, but the map is ugly as sin and hard to tell the regions apart, to the point where I've started an art project to craft a superior one. It's particularly galling because they had a prototype map that looked great, and instead replaced with something ripped from a middle school social studies textbook.
New Backings:
  • Cthulhu Wars: CATaclysm & Daemon Sultan - I know I want to be done with Petersen Games, but I'd be annoyed if I had almost everything Cthulhu Wars and felt the need to finish the set.
  • Oceans: a standalone game in the Evolution series - I like Evolution, and this looks like it takes the mechanics in some interesting new directions, and continues to have gorgeous art.
  • Roam - I'm a sucker for Ryan Laukat, see also Sleeping Gods coming later this year.
  • Egizia: Shifting Sands - I loved the out-of-print original and jumped at the new edition. Unlike the many whiners, I like the new colorful art.
Still waiting on:

Somewhat Delayed:
  • Empyreal: Spells & Steam - Officially bumped from January to July
  • Vast: The Mysterious Manor
  • Phoenix Syndicate
  • Trogdor!! The Board Game
Not Yet Expected:
  • Blood Rage Digital w/ new minis
  • Spirit Island: Jagged Earth
  • Jabberwocky
  • Root: The Underworld Expansion
  • Dracula’s Feast: New Blood
  • Millennium Blades: Collusion

Breogan

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm very tempted to get Pax Pamir but 75$ is a bit too much. Probably will decide when next paycheck come, if there are still units to preorder.

Crumbs

Validated User
Tiny Epic Mechs showed up yesterday. Set it up tonight but did not get to play it yet since my girls wanted to do summer activities so but it reads well and the component quality is great like always. Sadly though my box was damaged during shipping since it was shipped in a sort of padded envelop then shoved into my tiny mailbox. Sent a request for a replacement box so we shall see how that turns out gamelyn is pretty good about things like that.

Top Bottom