• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

The waiting game (games preordered and backed on Kickstarter)

Crumbs

Validated User
Sent Gamelyn Games an email about my damaged mech box on saturday and on monday they were shipping me a replacement. That is some excellent customer service.

Got my shipping notice for Set a Watch. Using DHL so about a week out given their previous shipping speeds.

Artemis Project should start shipping next week.

Pearlbrook is expected to start shipping in july no firm commitment to that though.

Breogan

RPGnet Member
Validated User
The Johnathan Strange and Mr Norrell game is at the mail office, so I'll pick it up tomorrow. That leaves Bargain Quest, that should start shipping soon I think, and Pax Pamir, that I just preordered today.

vitus979

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'd just like to vent for a second.

Why do all the good Kickstarters have to be between now and GenCon? I've gone months with between 0 and 1 campaign backings per month and now suddenly I have 4 live projects I've backed, 1 that just finished that I've backed, and at least two more coming out in July that I know I'll back.

Seriously WTF?

Dweller in Darkness

Excelsior
Validated User
Just got Rabbit Island! Finally! The people making it went through hell getting this right, and I hope it's as good as all the work they put into it.

Crumbs

Validated User
Set A Watch arrived.

Pearlbrook and Edge of Darkness are both hitting werehouses within the next week or two with shipping to commence within a week of that. So looking like by the end of august at the latest I should be getting both of those which makes pearlbrook early by at least a month and edge of darkness a month late. So fairly good by kickstarter delievery dates. Honestly not bothered by Edge of Darkness it is a pretty ambitious game from AEG and to only be a month late is impressive.

Start rant: More upset about The Artemis Project selling copies at cons to cover the cost of attending them when the creator has stated everything was paid for months ago and production finished so tight they had to air frieght. So the creator booked and paid for the events with no idea the game would be done in time but could only afford to go by selling copies but let us be honestly he was not going to cancel his attendance had the games not finished. Also the only difference between retail and kickstarter is bling so I could have had my friend pick me up a copy at origins and be playing it right now. Plus now the game is held up in customs for about two weeks. End rant.

Pledged to The Few and The Cursed. It looked interesting and nothing else that has been on kickstarter recently has had any appeal..

enoto

E, not O.
Validated User
I got Detective: City of Angels and my 7th Continent expansion on the same day! Haven’t dug into 7th Continent much, but I’ve managed several games of Detective and I’m really happy with it.

Stork!

Wish I was a hippo.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Unbroken is really spiraling out of control. Golden Bell Studios bought the game and rights from the designer on the last day of the kickstarter and took over fulfillment but there was a huge shortfall for shipping. They sent a weirdly passive aggressive email asking for voluntary donations to help out with shipping and then lost their shit when some backers were mean to them about it.
They tried to ship the game as "Media Mail" through USPS (all non-US shipping is entirely hypothetical at this point). As far as I can tell this is a totally fraudulent use of media mail but they claim to have made a deal with USPS. When reports of the game being returned or marked "postage due" surfaced they blamed a secret cabal of backers determined to bring down the company.
The last update was full of wild allegations, stories of personal misery caused to the company employees by the cabal of hateful backers and warnings about "libel per se".
Their corporate account has been banned from BGG but that's okay they went to a top business school and know that BGG is useless to companies anyways.

The latest is using backerkit info to find names and phone numbers of backers to make threatening phone calls and send threatening texts.

I've backed way too many kickstarters and had really good luck (only a few failed to fulfill) but this is the first project I've been involved with which has just fucking imploded.

Breogan

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Well, because I seem to have no willpower whatsoever, now I'm also waiting for a preorder of the new Dune when it goes out...

vitus979

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Well, because I seem to have no willpower whatsoever, now I'm also waiting for a preorder of the new Dune when it goes out...
I've debated that, but I don't see myself pulling the trigger. Anything over 3 hours is very iffy, and honestly the Dune board game reminds me too much of Diplomacy and Game of Thrones, which I'm not a big fan of.

Stork!

Wish I was a hippo.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Dune is absolutely the best implementation of a media IP into a board game I can think of but if you don't like Diplomacy or Game of Thrones you'll hate it.

Top Bottom