• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

The waiting game (games preordered and backed on Kickstarter)

vitus979

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Also on my Saved list right now is Sleeping Gods (another gorgeous big box game by Ryan Laukat of Red Raven Games). I'm usually a Day One backer for his stuff, but this one is a little more pricey and has lots of pledge levels. I'm holding off on backing it until I figure how much extra stuff I want to get.
For me, in addition to everything you said, I also have barely played Near and Far, let alone played through the whole campaign.

Crumbs

Validated User
My Artemis Project showed up yesterday as well.

I kind of like that there was no notification about it. Came home and bam there is a box.

Thinking about going for sleeping gods since for $100 you get a good value and I do not need the extra bling of the higher pledge but I also want to keep my new aquisitions to a minimum this year and this would put me up to seven games purchased and three I got for free from playtesting. So basically one new game a month.

New pledge for The Few and The Cursed.

Rise to nobility starts shipping next week so by the end of the month I should have it.

Stonebound Saga and Town builder are on boats.

Tiny Epic Tactics in true Gamelyn Fashion is right on track to ship on time.

Got a couple still waiting on final component approval.

Aspeon

Validated User
Tang Garden just sent a confusing update with an image timeline saying "Production" would be June-August and "Freight and Fulfillment" would be September to October, but the text of the update says they're waiting on the manufacturer for two things and then "30 to 45 days of lead time for final production and assembling and 3-6 weeks for the games to start being fulfilled." So I pessimistically read that as if they're lucky they'll be less than a year late. (They were originally targeting January 2019)

Last edited:

Crumbs

Validated User
Tang Garden just sent a confusing update with an image timeline saying "Production" would be June-August and "Freight and Fulfillment" would be September to October, but the text of the update says they're waiting on the manufacturer for two things and then "30 to 45 days of lead time for final production and assembling and 3-6 weeks for the games to start being fulfilled." So I pessimistically read that as they probably won't get hit by Chinese New Year, if they're lucky they'll be less than a year late. (They were originally targeting January 2019)

The infograph timeline is ok provided it hits no delays and production finishes within the thirty day and shipping only takes three weeks otherwise it will most likely be going to backers in november.

I suspect november is the more accurate shipping to backers month.

Probably last thing I buy from them as a company until they improve. They pretty much proved they have no idea how to manage a project.

vitus979

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I believe I just received a shipment notification for Snowdonia Kickstarter today. How am I not sure? Because it's a generic UPS shipping notification, not one from the shipper.

vitus979

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I believe I just received a shipment notification for Snowdonia Kickstarter today. How am I not sure? Because it's a generic UPS shipping notification, not one from the shipper.
I did receive the Snowdonia Kickstarter. If you've never played the game (like me) it has a less than forthright way of determining what cards do what, and which cards are base game and which cards are expansion. A component list better than "720 cards" would've been nice. I had to go to BGG to find a nice person who posted the card count breakdown.

Crumbs

Validated User
Rise to Nobility is scheduled to arrive on monday but shipping is fedex so could be monday could be tuesday or wednesday.

Black Orchestra packs scheduled thursday

Trickerion is set to start fulfillment in 2 weeks.

One kickstarter I backed is now blaming shipping late on tariffs and every company trying to ship stuff before tarriffs hit them so boats are full ignoring the fact if they had not caused delays they would have shipped sooner and the tariffs would not have been even announced.

Matthew Gabbert

Longtime Lurker
RPGnet Member
Validated User
For me, in addition to everything you said, I also have barely played Near and Far, let alone played through the whole campaign.
We've played Near and Far a few times, and enjoyed it, but not since receiving the Amber Mines expansion, which remains unplayed.

I love the look and idea of Sleeping Gods, but a hard-to-win 20+ hour co-op just seems like something that will get played once or twice and never close to finished. But I'm still on the fence because the fact that you always play with the same characters regardless of player count means that we wouldn't have to have 100% attendance to keep the campaign going. We'll see...

A new one this week that caught my eye was Merchants Cove, which looked like it could be quite fun to play, but an absolute nightmare to teach as it takes asymmetry to an extreme by giving each player a completely different game mechanic to contend with. Hard pass for me.

As for the waiting game, I don't expect anything more in August, but could have up to four arrivals in September: Fantastic Factories (it would be 5 months late), Startropolis (only 2 months late - a minor miracle for Petersen Games), Arcane Alley (2 months for 1st time publisher, not bad), and Awkward Guests (3 months).

Top Bottom