Things not to put on your LARP website

1. Pirated PDFs of the game's rulebooks, clearly marked as "pirated books HERE!"

2. There is no #2.

I'd give a link to demonstrate the idiocy someone just invited me to, but there are forum rules against that.

Jadasc

Validated User
1. Wow.
2. Have you forwarded the link to the folks at White Wolf? I'm sure they'd be eager to hear.

Yeah, I dropped a line on their "Contact Us" e-mail form. It'll be interesting to see what comes of it.

It was someone I used to game with who invited me; he's not involved with the running of this thing, nor with the website. He told me the people who put it up "didn't know there were copyright issues."

It's probably a good thing I left town.

sim_james

Hello Mr. Horus!
An issue that I have with the Camarilla in my area, and one of the major reasons that I don't want to join, is the local Cam's very lax attitudes towards piracy of WW books.

There are unsold books in the FLGS of our city for which a large number of Cammies hold pirated PDF copies. Not cool.

Jadasc

Validated User
An issue that I have with the Camarilla in my area, and one of the major reasons that I don't want to join, is the local Cam's very lax attitudes towards piracy of WW books.

There are unsold books in the FLGS of our city for which a large number of Cammies hold pirated PDF copies. Not cool.
You're right; it isn't. Our local Camarilla chapter has the exact opposite position. But that may be because we've got a WW author and a couple game store owners/employees among its membership.

Last edited:

sim_james

Hello Mr. Horus!
I should clarify that the Cam organisers don't actually condone this kind of thing. However, it is endemic.

Well, they've taken the books down now. I don't know if that's a result of my message to The Wolf or to the person who passed me the invite to the group...

Top Bottom