• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

PaladinTroy

Validated User
Personally for me, I hate the following.
1. People who clown around too much, especially in serious situations.
2. People asking me what’s my class and abilities in game. ( learn what I am and what I do in game....that is, if I so choose to show or tell you, either way, let’s role play it out )
3. People using foreknowledge in game. ( when there’s no way their character would know and utilize information the player knows out of game. )
4. Bullies ( So what you’re way higher in level than I am, be a mentor and a teacher, not an asshole )
5. Cheaters, obviously, smh.
6. Disrespectful players. ( that doesn’t happen to me, but still )

There’s probably more I could name, but I’d love to hear some of yours, peace. :)

Last edited:

TheMouse

garmonbozia
Validated User
Players who sit there and wait for me to feed them "the plot." Even after I explain that I expect them to set goals for their characters, and I help everyone to pick goals that will work together. And I explain that I don't script out adventures, but try to maintain a dynamic world that they can react to and that will react to them. Some of them will just sit there and wait for "the plot" to happen.

GreenOzzy

What a Revoltin' Development
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Being unwilling to learn the very basics of the rules. I have no problem helping new players. I actually enjoy it. But if, after 4 session, I still have to tell you what to roll for damage when we've been over it more than a dozen times it can be very... frustrating.

An actual quote I probably had to say that over a dozen times to one player in a game , "Back side of the character sheet, bottom section, Weapons, your night stick is the first thing listed, look under the column damage, and not 3d6x10, that is on line 2 and is the damage for your gun, it's the one above it." After 10 seconds he responds, "2D6?" and I say "Yes" as he proceeds to pick up 2D8 and roll them.

devilkitty

Validated User
This one is Fate specific, since that's the game I'm currently running and its one several of my players have trouble grokking: Complaining that their character doesn't have anything they can do in a given situation.....after I have given a speech about how what they can do is only limited by their imagination and explained that I am willing to take the flimsiest justification for using a given skill or Aspect to do something. Said speech included at least three examples of things their characters could be doing that would be helpful and situation appropriate, none of which anyone at the table had done at that point.

Eled the Worm Tamer

Spider Jeruselem's Warior
Validated User
Players who sit there and wait for me to feed them "the plot." Even after I explain that I expect them to set goals for their characters, and I help everyone to pick goals that will work together. And I explain that I don't script out adventures, but try to maintain a dynamic world that they can react to and that will react to them. Some of them will just sit there and wait for "the plot" to happen.
Relatedly people who use stealth as a game of chicken with the GM, by hiding, observing, hiding more and waiting for something to happen.

DarkMum

Godamn Catwoman
Validated User
Relatedly people who use stealth as a game of chicken with the GM, by hiding, observing, hiding more and waiting for something to happen.
Playing Ninja Chicken may be the only sensible option if one desires their PC to survive long enough to earn XP.
I've played RPGs with some very unforgiving GMs at the table, and old habits die hard.

MoonHunter

Game Guru-Thread Shepherd
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Players are informed that I do a lot of work making their characters important to the world and the story. Yet....

Players who defined their character one way after a lot of discussion with the GM... then decide a few sessions in to define their character as something else (same stats and mechanics, but changing attitudes, motivations, and history) - after the GM set them up in the chronicle, provided them motivation, plotlines, npcs, etc.

Then changing their mind back after a session or so. Undoing all the hurried rework you did for them in the chronicle.

Last edited:

artikid

passerby
Validated User
People that try to speculate by introducing anachronisms in fantasy or historical games.

artikid

passerby
Validated User
Being unwilling to learn the very basics of the rules. I have no problem helping new players. I actually enjoy it. But if, after 4 session, I still have to tell you what to roll for damage when we've been over it more than a dozen times it can be very... frustrating.

An actual quote I probably had to say that over a dozen times to one player in a game , "Back side of the character sheet, bottom section, Weapons, your night stick is the first thing listed, look under the column damage, and not 3d6x10, that is on line 2 and is the damage for your gun, it's the one above it." After 10 seconds he responds, "2D6?" and I say "Yes" as he proceeds to pick up 2D8 and roll them.
I have a friend who has been playing D&D only for the good part of 35 years.
He still can't remember how much damage a longsword does.
BAH!

Top Bottom