• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

wryfool

Validated User
I have been guilty of naming characters after medications. It's surprisingly easy, and the results aren't obvious if you pick the right meds for the genre.
Oooh! And if you play your cards right, you can get a pen with your character's name on it!

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User
Looking back over the last few pages, we've moved from "player who always plays the same character" to "player who always plays the same character, and torpedoes any game that won't let them".

These are not the same.

maybe a tangent:
A good friend back at school rode his pushbike into the back of a van. Fractured his skull. He recovered, no problem, but it took a while.
During his recovery, he continued to play in our D&D game. (Once he was well enough)
He played an elven ranger called Jethro Tull. Multiple times. Over several character deaths, change of campaign ... I think he tried to play him in Call of Cthulu ...
We gave him lots of slack.
Where the boundary lines are between Fractured Skull, emotional issues, personal preferences, just being an arsehole ... that is down to you and your table.
I think my point is: Cut people some slack.
Just wanted to add that this is an amazing story.

JetstreamGW

Seeker
Validated User
I have been guilty of naming characters after medications. It's surprisingly easy, and the results aren't obvious if you pick the right meds for the genre.
I knew a guy who’d often name his wizards after Middle Eastern cities. Kirkuk, Tehran...

Cerulean Lion

Social Justice Christian
Validated User
Recently I named an NPC Javan Bhopal. Her grandparents came from Java, and her grandfather chose the name of a city in India for a surname.
(Weretiger by the way. Recently took a Wererat as her mate.)

Artaud le momo

Slicey Bois FTW
Validated User
One that I've just been reminded of is pronunciation, even when they're told the correct way. Calvary (spoken, not just typoed) for cavalry, curiass for cuirass, and one guy who always used to say p'ladin (to rhyme with Aladdin) rather than paladin.

Top Bottom