• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Thor Trailer

Brian888

Validated User
In Marvel's depictions, Thor's hammer is at least five times the volume of the biggest sledge I've ever seen. And that's cool, because he's goddamn Thor and can bench press a freight train. You and I would have trouble even lifting it off the ground.

In fact we could never lift it off the ground, because we're not worthy of the power of Thor. ;)

Yo! Master

"Delicious"
RPGnet Member
Validated User
She single-handedly defeated Thanos like it was no big deal. I'd be afraid of her, too.
No clone, robot, or anything. The Watcher said so!

Now answer me this: Why are we getting a movie about that wimp Thor instead of Squirrel Girl again?

Momeeche

Banned
Now answer me this: Why are we getting a movie about that wimp Thor instead of Squirrel Girl again?
Oh, we are. I hear Michael Bay is making one. He's directing and writing it. :D

(Sigh) That joke has probably earned me a lot of coal in my stockings.

xnbach

Retired User
Actually looking again at that list of appearances writing an article about comic book Tyr is entirely feasible, but a comparison with the actual myths would make it much more interesting and educational...
To make things even more complicated, Tiwaz also exists in Universe 616 as a seperate being from Tyr. He was the ruler of Asgard before Odin and is Thor's real grandfather.

Unless he isn't anymore.

616 continuity gets a little wonky sometimes

GabrielK

No puppet! No puppet!
Validated User
You came a thread discussing adaptations of ancient mythology in movies and comic books to point out that people obsessing about fictional things should get a life.
No, I commented that one guy (and at this point I don't even remember which poster it was) was getting unnecessarily riled up because Marvel got some details "wrong" in their superhero movie. I never said anyone should get a life. I never said anything about mythology. I said sometimes we geeks get too worked up over our geeky things. If you interpret that as me saying someone needs to get a life...well you're free to do so, and I guess I can't really stop you, but I would appreciate it if you not put words into my mouth, or claim that I said something I never said.

You may not have had any enmity, but you seemed unnecessarily aggressive and determined to come at me for something (you think) I said.

Top Bottom