• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Tianxia: 12 Golden Butchers Redux

EnigmaticOne

Validated User
"Bodhist nonsense! I'd have enough worries in this life if I talked." Bloody Wei spews back.

It strikes you now, Zhang, that while that odd air of fear that you remember, then and now about the people of Red Jade Center are obviously linked to Wei and his fellow Butchers, but the sight of the humiliated and beaten man would loosen their tongues.

OOC: Keep your FP.

Glyptodont

此时此地
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Bodhist nonsense! I'd have enough worries in this life if I talked." Bloody Wei spews back.

It strikes you now, Zhang, that while that odd air of fear that you remember, then and now about the people of Red Jade Center are obviously linked to Wei and his fellow Butchers, but the sight of the humiliated and beaten man would loosen their tongues.
"Hmmm... I brave man to the end, it seems. In that case, I'm sure you'd relish the chance to show off your proud, unbroken warrior spirit in front of the good folk in town when we march you in front of them trussed up like the pig you seem to aspire to. A courageous fellow such as yourself certainly wouldn't break down in fear in front of angry townsfolk looking for revenge, correct? Of course the natives of this fair town might have looser tongues when they see the mighty villain humiliated. Perhaps they would be more forthcoming about this bandit's companions when they see what a paper tiger he turned out to be. "

Zhang turns to his companions, "Doctor Luan, Lady Yang, Auntie Zhong! Are any of you in the mood for a festival? Shall we parade our capture among the townsfolk and encourage the storytellers to tell us of this fool's antics and those of his fellow villains?"

OOC: Keep your FP.
OOC: You are a scholar and a gentleperson :D

QuZi

Libido Cattle Prod
Validated User
Little Flame Yang

Yang watches Yang carefully and replies, "Let us bind him and carry him away. We may need a wagon for the rest of his lot. The dead deserve their rites, and I have little need of their ghosts haunting me."

Timon

Unabashed optimist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Burnt Paper ensures that Wei’s hands are securely bound and gets him to his feet by tying a light rope to his nose ring and tugging. She sets a brisk pace until they are in sight of the inn, when she reverts to “feeble old lady mode” screeching in a cracked voice that she had “a pig for sale”

Glyptodont

此时此地
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Wandering Poet Zhang

Zhang saunters behind Burnt Paper, hands behind his back wearing a smug face. When they are at the inn, he shouts in the door: "Brothers and Sisters! Did I not say earlier that today would be an auspicious day for me? I found a trained pig to play with. Give him a prod and I'll bet he'll do all sorts of wondrous tricks."

OOC: Going to create an Advantage using Investigate to find out who to talk to here. The Advantage would be: Spot the Smart One.
Rolling on Investigate (+1): Create Adv. w/ Investigate+1: 4dF+1 2
Meh. A +2 result.

EnigmaticOne

Validated User
Well, you got attention. People along the way whisper. They try to hide it, but you know they're pleased. At one point, a man in a dirty constable's uniform staggers along and tries to stop you for 'disorderly conduct' but gets out of the way when boos issue from bystanders.

At the inn, people, surprised and shocked, are much more open about it, cheers and clapping issuing. Wei is growling threats and more, but no one seems to care. Certainly Pao Tan doesn't smiling broadly, as he breaks off what looks like dishwashing judging by the wet rag he carries.

Wei looks like he's going to say something to the innkeeper when Pao Tan gags him with it, shocking the xia thug. "Well, I don't know how long this will last, but thank you. You've brought some happiness to us."

Timon

Unabashed optimist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Burnt Paper listens and watches. She watches who whispers to who, who is pleased, who is angry and especially anyone that leaves. Invisible as she is, a shadow beside the sweating mass of Wei, she bends an ear to all conversations.

OOC: Trying to spot sympathisers of the Golden Butchers in the crowd and hear rumours, Notice 4

QuZi

Libido Cattle Prod
Validated User
Yang

Little Flame Yang intentionally flashes around the medallions on her neck trying to watch to see who reacts with avarice or interest.

OOC: Overcome with Notice
Notice: 4dF+2 2

EnigmaticOne

Validated User
Yang draws some notice from the onlookers with regards to the medallions, more the pearl one. The one who is drawn to comment says: "So you found that one, young Yang. Yes, I remember you." Now she remembers him, Gao Mu, the long-bearded town doctor, herb and spice shop proprietor and good friend of Master Lei. A dour shadow cuts off his smile. "We buried it with my old friend. At least he took one of the Butchers with him."

Burnt Paper picks up no sign of sympathizers, the Butchers are just that hated apparently, but comments here and there suggest Stumbling Bo, the constable you encountered earlier, is a hapless puppet of the Butchers. Pao Tan slips in besides Burnt Paper, with a questioning look while others hail the group. "So, what are you going to do with this Pig?"

Timon

Unabashed optimist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Burnt Paper nods to Pao Tan and turns to Bloody Wei. "So Pig, here we are. I think that these people would be happy to carve you up and turn you into dumplings. Old woman's advice, work hard with them to regain honour. Live in peace and put your muscles to work building. There is always meaner and harsher in this world but there could also be a place and respect. The respect of honest people. The life of being brigand king is over. We are here now and none of the Butchers will survive us, it is foreseen. You could stop being a pig and become a man."

Top Bottom