• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Time Traveler in Chaplin's movie

Vigorous Ape

Kung-fu Master
Validated User
It doesn't look like she is moving her mouth as she's walking, just at the end for a second. So it looks like she could be talking, or she could just be opening her mouth as she turns. I can't really see from the quality of the film.

RK_Striker_JK_5

Validated User
I think it's that hearing aid device some people posted earlier. She probably just holds it to her ear out of habit. I have a habit of grabbing my jacket's zipper with my left hand and hold my arm up in that gesture even when not wearing a jacket.

The Scribbler

A Flash of Hope
Validated User
Not so much, but I don't want to be the grinch here.

Carry on.
I don't think you actually have to believe that she's a time traveler and it's a cell phone to find this fun. I mean it's like that dude who had all those people convinced he was a time traveler/dimensional traveler or the picture of the guy who looked like he was wearing modern sunglasses and a t-shirt. It's a fun oddity.

And while the guy who made the video definitely wasn't up to Planetary standards, I can totally see what Fred means. :)

austenandrews

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm glad people are reading time travel into this footage. It means this idiot extra hasn't given away the Great Chaplin Hoax. You'd think a goofy little silent-movie tramp with a Hitler mustache would be obvious as satire, but people continue to fall for it even in today's "pixels, etc." world.

CanoeMan

Ceteru censeo ego s Groot
Validated User
Time traveler in Chaplin movie? Pfft! I give you: a hundreds of years old statue that's checking its texts!

xnbach

Retired User
Obviously, she is using a 23rd century communicator to tell her team mates that she found Kaspar Hauser, so they need to open the timegate to the 1828 Nuremburg safehouse. :D

thePill

Validated User
Obviously, she is using a 23rd century communicator to tell her team mates that she found Kaspar Hauser, so they need to open the timegate to the 1828 Nuremburg safehouse. :D
Also, send me another shirt, I appear to have misplaced mine.

Top Bottom